What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers on the Hunt for New Coach.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Just been on another forum and there is an Article from Phil Rothfield from the Telegraph that suggests that Jason Taylor will be sacked in the next 24 hours, apparently the big 4 won't re-sign unless there's a new coach in 2018.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Yeh its all over social media.

I'd probably be happier with Cleary at this stage, someone from completely outside the club and to come into effect immediately

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
If we sign Payten I'm done, it will mean the board has learnt nothing. Bending over backwards to appease the players is one of the reasons we are in this mess. Cleary or Toovey is the only way to go. The board should go to Hasler on two knees with an open cheque book & give him complete control. It wont happen though, no decent coach will come within cooee of this basket case.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Payten is to become coach then Smith is perfect in the interim.

simmo05

Bench
Smith would be sensational for a year, he can rebuild a club. He wont take crap from the "big 4" and they could possibly be looking elsewhere if they tried something. Please not payton, that would be a disaster imo, it has to be cleary, toovy or hasler

Incorrect

Coach
Saying the same on Foxtel,hearing Brian Smith is going to be caretaker coach,wtf.
Brian Smith is exactly what you blokes need. He'd come in with no agenda and sort the wheat from the chaff. This Big 4 Bullshit needs to end. Personally I would be letting Brooks and Woods go. Moses is 50/50, I'd give him benefit of the doubt and hold on to him and Tedesco. Nathan Davis returned to Wenty last week from the Titans, Tigers should take a punt on a guy like him, guys like Naiqama shouldn't be walk up starts to an NRL side. You should enquire about Peni Terepo, he's no world beater but he gives 110% every week, which is something lacking at Tiggerville and I dunno if he fits in to the 17 at he eels at the moment when he returns from suspension.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As much as we don't wanna see it I reckon Payton has pretty much got the job

initially thought the same re not wanting payten to get it but the more ive thought about it the more i reckon we just give it to him. its who the players want. tell them they can have their choice but if they dont put in immediently they can all f**k off, every single one of them. time to put in or piss off. youve thrown your tantrums and got your way, now show us that youre worth it.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
OFFICIAL

Wests Tigers statement

Wests Tigers have today announced the termination of the contract of Head Coach Jason Taylor, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers Chair Marina Go said that this decision was not an easy one for the Club to make.

“On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers I’d like to thank Jason for his commitment and contribution to the Club during his time as Head Coach,” said Go. “Jason has overseen significant change within the Club over the past two seasons and we thank him for his efforts.

“Our position has always been to make sure that the Head Coach’s contract is tied to performance and that hasn’t changed,” she said. “We are committed to building a side that will be in a position to win NRL Premierships and believe that this decision is the correct one for the future of the Club.

“This is a challenging time for the Club and Jason and we ask that we are given time to work through this process with Jason,” said Go.

Current Wests Tigers Assistant Coach Andrew Webster will take on the role of Interim Head Coach.

Webster returned to Wests Tigers this year after spending two seasons as an Assistant Coach at the New Zealand Warriors.

Webster previously worked for Wests Tigers as an assistant coach.

Clifferd

Coach
In all honesty, this season is a complete write off now barring miracle

One step in the right direction but this decision probably should've been made last year after the raiders thumping at home for a spot in the 8!

Vozzy

Juniors
In all honesty, this season is a complete write off now barring miracle

One step in the right direction but this decision probably should've been made last year after the raiders thumping at home for a spot in the 8!
Not only that but even if a new coach comes in we will have to be patient for them to change the place may take them a season and a half to fix this lot. Not just players but the people in charge of recruitment.

Hope the big 4 stay Tedasco, Noufaluma, Sue and Elijah. The rest can earn by atleast playing consistent. Woods can stay cos he can attract other good forwards to the club hopefully but the halves need consistency. Moses has potential but I think he plays better when Brooks isn't there and we have a halfback like a Townsend or Robson who just does a job of catch and pass and kick that's it. Last year's game against the Cowboys was a good example of how that worked with Littlejohn.

Shredder

Juniors
OK - half way there.

Thats a decent opportunity you have there guys - jnow pick the right coach!