What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers on the Hunt for New Coach.

Vozzy

Juniors
I'm actually glad we have a tough game this week cos nothing to lose. I can see us giving Melbourne a rough game just because teams seem to win the first game when these things happen. I don't think we will win but will be happy if we get with 6 of Melbourne. Then we will lose to some shitty team after that just to show us some players need the punt.

Tiger05

First Grade
Next step will be retention and recruitment. We have to play this smart. Get a decent coach. Sign Tedesco. Then look to build around that. The dud 3 that remain can stay if they are willing to be paid what they are worth. I'd focus on recruiting gun outside backs and backrowers.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
We had one?
iohf7l.jpg

Wests Tigers defensive coach

wittyfan

Referee
It makes sense to sign Payten, you need a coach that the players actually want to play for.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It makes sense to sign Payten, you need a coach that the players actually want to play for.
It has got to b an arms length appointment that's y it can not b Payten !!

This club must not kowtow to the big 1 & the 3 fraudsters !

Das Hassler

Bench
If they need a coach they want to play for they can go. The players need to win games.

Exactly....." want" to play for ?!.....how about if the club decides if they want to pay them their entire contract money each month.... players under ever smiling Jack gibson... .Warren ryan..roy masters were never wondering about who they felt like playing for. ...look up gibsons thoughts on coach / player friendships ....you could fit all the players that won premierships with and loved warren ryan in a Daewoo with room to spare...It is a club culture issue

And yes a coach issue..the coach MUST always be tougher than the team as a group...Bellamy

Last edited:
Management backed JT in getting rid of RF,now JT is axed,hmmm JT may have just served his purpose and the poor smuck didn't realise.

Shredder

Juniors
Hey BT - didnt something similar happen with Potter?

Im watching 360 on fox now - they are ripping into the board.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hey BT - didnt something similar happen with Potter?

Im watching 360 on fox now - they are ripping into the board.

I don't care what these muppets are stating. Yes the decision should have been made earlier but at least it was a quick clear decision.

FlameThrower

Bench
Management backed JT in getting rid of RF,now JT is axed,hmmm JT may have just served his purpose and the poor smuck didn't realise.
Really? Think about it...they are paying Robbie this years wages, plus paying out Taylor's contract? Have they finished paying out Sheens and Potters wages too...
It's a right Royal cockup...just burning cash.

Shredder

Juniors
T05 - I think you need to realise that the decision to sack Taylor must have been a big one.

We have now sacked our last three coaches -

If you were a decent coach would you want the job?

I always found the boards silence on the RF/JT feud disturbing,the fact the board let it fester and didn't address it reeks of how unprofessional our club is.The board,coach and players all need to be on the same page,it's called being professional something our club struggles with.

Tiger05

First Grade
T05 - I think you need to realise that the decision to sack Taylor must have been a big one.

We have now sacked our last three coaches -

If you were a decent coach would you want the job?

Yep. For sure. Even then we don't just need some guru coach coming in. It's not that simple. We can't have another muppet like Taylor but I think I think it'll be easy to improve on him. We got rid of Potter for instance but to me he was a lot better than Taylor.

I think the whole club needs to have a good hard look at themselves. I'd love to see someone like Gould come in and manage the club.

Latest posts