What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING NOOZE... 3 NRL clubs facing fines.

Quigs

Immortal
BREAKING NOOZE. ...Three NRL clubs are facing fines up to $350,000 for breaches against the Head rule thingy

Quigs

Immortal
Breaches of the Concussion rule

Gold Coast, Newie and the Stinkin' Stains.

Source ABC News 24

Quigs

Immortal
The Tits are up for $150 grand for three possible offences.

Missed the Newie bloke involved but they are up for $100,000 and the Stains are up for $100,000 for Darcy Dugan and his jaw only not knocked out head injury

shaggs

Coach
I think Once the initial on field assessment is done, you need to monitor the player and are then able to bring them off.
Similar to the bronco player in round 1. Glenn I think. Deemed ok but then taken off a few minutes later.

I think of the player lays on the ground and needs assistance to stand and the play has to be stopped. No questions asked, off for a HIA.

Of course there will be times when a player is winded etc.

I love how Mary said the human breezer didn't come off cause it was a hit to the jaw not a concussion.
Now, I may not be a massive fan of the fine and noble art of fisticuffs but I'm pretty sure I've seen many a boxer knocked out by a punch to the jaw.

cb4

First Grade
The jaw is one of the best places to sustain a sever head trauma from with a decent blow. Appropriate fine give to them for being completely careless with his welfare.

lolesi

First Grade
Will continue to happen, especially in important games with important players.
Imagine Cronk goes down in a semi... be interesting to see if anyone cares about a fine then.

jc155776

Coach
Between the jaw and ear is a f**king sweet spot for knockouts. He was f**ked. They took advantage of the stoppage and reset the defence and put him back in

Quigs

Immortal
Will continue to happen, especially in important games with important players.
Imagine Cronk goes down in a semi... be interesting to see if anyone cares about a fine then.

I think there was a No7 in last years Grand Final that would not of been allowed to continue if it happened in the current rounds of the NRL. And I am not talking Cronk.

As a matter of fact Jimmy kicked the first 2 points of the GF as a result of the wack.

Latest posts