What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

The thing that irks me is that there are forwards out there that have had NRL experience and want a stable home too have another crack at FG that are better than a majority of our forwards,Saints for example have picked up Packer,Sims,Vaughan,Moses etc to stiffen their pack,we instead keep the likes of Lovett,Lawrence,Edwards that are ordinary.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The thing that irks me is that there are forwards out there that have had NRL experience and want a stable home too have another crack at FG that are better than a majority of our forwards,Saints for example have picked up Packer,Sims,Vaughan,Moses etc to stiffen their pack,we instead keep the likes of Lovett,Lawrence,Edwards that are ordinary.
The concern is that Taylor wasn't our only problem.Nobody from the board to the CEO to the recruitment manager knows what the f**k they r doing.They r all abjectly inept.

The board r totally clueless regarding any knowledge of how to administer a rugby league team.

We will not b a competitive footy side overnite.Its beholden on the dickhead moronic decision makers to start giving a f**k about doing everything necessary to ensure we get out of the doldrums.Personally I have no confidence in these vacuous rugby league illiterate degenerates running this club !!

Tiger05

First Grade
I think that this can be turned around quickly. I even think this squad can have a decent year but the main point is that we don't have bunch of players signed up for next year.

Sign Tedesco. Buy some quality edge forwards with good leg drive. Get another centre and a winger. If we can't get established players at first grade level look at second grade and juniors. If we don't sign Brooks and Moses on fair money for us let them go and get some other halves. I even think Littlejohn could do the job.

Idris should be assessed over the year to see if he can fill in at backrow or centre. If not let him go.

We can let Woods go if he wants too much money. We have plenty of guys who can play up the middle.

Get a solid competitive team that can go forward and defend across the park. We don't need to worry about halves leading us around the park and coming up with the big money plays because the two guys we have now can't do that and they seem to think they are superstars.

Time for a wake up call for the dud 3.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think it can be if the board make some tough decisions with regards to signings now. We overspend on guys that aren't worth it and let go of players that we need. JAC is a classic example. Taupau is another example but maybe not on the same level.

We do this because we believe that these 4 players will win us the comp. It's the hail mary play.

We need to play moneyball.

The thing is the big 4 are all off contract. We have a tonne of players off contract. We can get rid of these guys or sign them to fair money now.

I like Woods for instance but he isn't a marquee player. He shouldn't be even thinking about getting paid huge dollars.

Shredder

Juniors
Its a factor of what we need - what is available and who would come to this rabble.

I remember when Tallis finished his last year at the Broncos and someone in the press asked him if he would play for the Tigers - he laughed.

The number of front line players we have tried to sign over the last 10 years that threw it in our faces is in the 10's.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think we need front line players. You look at Canberra and they struggle getting players probably more than us. They just built that squad up slowly.

Just make smart decisions. Aloiai for instance is the type of guy we should get. He has great leg drive and is a big guy. We let JAC go to the storm but that is the type of player we need. Get a good pack of forwards and some good outside backs. Don't overpay the halves unless they are winning us games. We need to get the basics right.

We seem to spend a fortune on our gun players and have nothing left over. Plus our gun players aren't gun players. Tedesco is a gun and that is where it ends.

simmo05

Bench
Give toumalolo a million a year. Him tedesco and woods good to build a team around. Im really dispointed we let go of lodge, he was the sort of lunatic we needed. Maybe brown?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brooks will f**king excel at the dogs. On the rare occasions that our forwards have dominated Brooks is phenomenal. With that monster pack and solid back rowers minding him in defence he will be the halfback they have sorely needed

Vic Mackey

Referee
Give toumalolo a million a year. Him tedesco and woods good to build a team around. Im really dispointed we let go of lodge, he was the sort of lunatic we needed. Maybe brown?

We would need to pay talmauloulo at least $2mil a season for him to consider coming to this rabble.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
C7UlnxpV0AA2_hm.jpg:large

SweetandSoward

Juniors
Halves I rate above Brooks and Moses:
Ash Taylor
Kane Elgey
Tyrone Roberts
Luke Keary
Blake Austin
Nathan Cleary
Te Maire Martin

Halves I rate below Brooks and Moses:
Brock Lamb

So let me get this straight we let Te Maire Martin and Blake Austin go for Brooks and Moses.
Austin and Martin are epic.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's worth noting that the following Tigers players are off contract this year:
Ballin
Brooks
Chee Kam
Edwards
Grant
Hunt
Heleta
Idris
Littlejohn
Lovett
McIlwrick
Moses
Naiqama
Nofoaluma
Rankin
Seumanufagai
Tedesco
Woods

I'd retain
Brooks but only on a reduced deal
Grant for depth
Hunt for depth
Heleta
Littlejohn for depth
Moses
Nofoaluma
Seumanufagai
Tedesco
Woods

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Saw Paul Kent comment on 'NRL 360' tonight that Moses is asking for $900K a season.

Is that f'n insane or what?! I'd be totally fine with both halves leaving the club. They're holding us to ransom with only a handful of above-average games spanning their careers.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Saw Paul Kent comment on 'NRL 360' tonight that Moses is asking for $900K a season.

Is that f'n insane or what?! I'd be totally fine with both halves leaving the club. They're holding us to ransom with only a handful of above-average games spanning their careers.
Was that 900k or 90k !!!!!

If true tell the wanka he's dreaming !

The figures bandied about r insane & if true the club management must grow some balls & categorically tell the 6 & 7''s deluded manager that we r not interested !