What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs. Drag-goons

bluefox68

Staff member
3 - uuuummm... maybe Bukuya - ran hard when he came on.
2 - aaaahhh... uuummm.. - maybe Edrick - actually tried really hard to get involved.
1 - Capewell - starting to become a little more composed.

Other comments -
Paulo is actually playing OK...
Bailey finally made his first 'big rookie mistake' - brain-snap in the 79th minute...
Gal looked tired, as did Prior.

3 Lewie
2 Gallen
1 Bird
I thought Braileys service from dummy half was very poor, often taking 1 or 2 stepsfirst then causing dysfunction. I thought Loots should have scored twice & chose wrong options. Capewell missed a couple of important tackles, a worrying trend. I thought Maloney was off & he needs to spend time on his kicking. All of the kicking.

SBD82

Coach
You blokes are being a bit harsh.

How can you leave out mccrone? Almost won you the game single handed.

cb4

First Grade
Hardest game to pick.
Bird was shit.
Lee was better than he has been.
Leutele had moments of brilliance and moments of wtf are you doing?
Capewell needs to go back to reserves now
Holmes looked like he had been injured and was just coming back into grade
Maloney was awful
Chad was ok
Fifita was stupid
Brailey was caught up in the moment
Prior - did he play much?
Lewis was poor
Graham was knocked out
Gallen was dominated and poor

Bukuya was good, not brilliant
Heino was nothing spectacular
Latimore tried hard but just toiled along
Paulo added something different but didnt get enough time or ball

On that basis:

3 Bukuya for being good
2 Lee for improving
1 Paulo for changing our game plan

shaggs

Coach
3 Lewie
2 Gallen
1 Bird
I thought Braileys service from dummy half was very poor, often taking 1 or 2 stepsfirst then causing dysfunction. I thought Loots should have scored twice & chose wrong options. Capewell missed a couple of important tackles, a worrying trend. I thought Maloney was off & he needs to spend time on his kicking. All of the kicking.
I agree with all of this except the points.
I noticed brailey doing a 2 step pass from
Minute 1. I thought it was because of the lack of enthusiasm from the runners. He was ready to pass and there was no one there.

Symptom of the teams poor showing.

shaggs

Coach
Hardest game to pick.
Bird was shit.
Lee was better than he has been.
Leutele had moments of brilliance and moments of wtf are you doing?
Capewell needs to go back to reserves now
Holmes looked like he had been injured and was just coming back into grade
Maloney was awful
Chad was ok
Fifita was stupid
Brailey was caught up in the moment
Prior - did he play much?
Lewis was poor
Graham was knocked out
Gallen was dominated and poor

Bukuya was good, not brilliant
Heino was nothing spectacular
Latimore tried hard but just toiled along
Paulo added something different but didnt get enough time or ball

On that basis:

3 Bukuya for being good
2 Lee for improving
1 Paulo for changing our game plan

Good summation. Bit rough on brailey. He didn't have much to work with. When your forwards aren't interested your service looks shit.
He had 30 tackles by halftime.

When you are giving the points for improving and changing the game plan. You know we sucked.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Will give some credit to the filthy goons in that they muscled up in the forwards and actually outplayed us in the middle. That's where my humility towards those putrid caarrnnts ends however. Three quarters of our spine were way off their game to the point where despite trying I felt that both Birdy and Jimmy were way off their usual standards. Brailey looked a bit overawed although I guess his excuse of being only his third game and first derby stands up. i get the feeling he will learn plenty from the experience. Only positives for me were Chad stepped up in a struggling side and Val showed glimpses of class at fullback and looked far more likely than Bird imo. I like the way he attacked the ball at 100 mph as opposed to Birdy's indecision. As bad as we were across the park we were still in the game to the finish which I guess is a positive.

Foz

Bench
The goons got up in our face rather quick.
Their tactics were aided by so many stop starts in the game.
We actually ran more metres than them so someone must of carried the ball forward a bit.
I thought Lewis was our best.
He gave away a pretty dumb penalty but it actually worked to our advantage given they only got 6 tackles from it than 7 if they took the 20 metre tap.
Wasn't Robinson Crusoe in giving away a stupid penalty though.
Leutele had his moments Lee had a fair game.Thought he passed the ball back but it floated forward for that no try near half time.
Still you can't have guys throwing passes on the 20m line that end up on the try line so sort of get why it was ruled forward but I disagreed with the decision.

cb4

First Grade
Good summation. Bit rough on brailey. He didn't have much to work with. When your forwards aren't interested your service looks shit.
He had 30 tackles by halftime.

When you are giving the points for improving and changing the game plan. You know we sucked.
Possibly being harsh, but when he has given us 2 outstanding games and then this, it is easy to be a bit rough.
Part of the forwards not being interested can lead to getting a bad pass that stops their momentum and leads to them getting belted.

He threw a pass to Gallen above his head and Gal just got smashed.
His service is outstanding generally, but I feel that the emotion of his first local derby got the better of him.

sladden road

Juniors
IMO sitting in the Porter stand the goons, from the first few set , set out to smash Brailey and put him off his game, and it worked. They went high for the first few tackles on him and worked him over. Shit thing is, no Sharks stood up for him.

shaggs

Coach
He did get bashed and targeted. Especially in defence. The drags were smart and changed direction to get at him.

Latest posts