What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Knights

This is the place.

I expect Carty will be named for Fish. I don't expect Griffin will make any other changes.

Knight won't be a walkover. If we play to our potential we should have a sweet weekend.

ACTPanthers

Bench
These are the games I'm least confident in... we SHOULD win, but we've shown in the past these are the games we lose.

betcats

Referee
Please don't waste a bench spot on Hiku. If he cant make the starting side don't pick him. I would really like to see us play some with some discipline this week, I can handle a few dropped balls but f**k off with the piggy back penalties. Maybe bench Tamou also, he had a that drop at a crucial time attacking the line in the last few minutes, shocking from an experienced player like him and maybe it will fire him up a bit as it seems nothing else will.

franklin2323

Immortal
Think our 21 named will be:

Moylan
DWZ
Whare
Peachey
Blake
TMM
Cleary
Tamou
Wallace
RCG
Bryce
Yeo
Merrin:

Latu
Akoula
Kikau
Browne
Leota
Hiku
Hawera-Narea
May

Gives us cover for Cartwright given he isn't even running yet

I would love to personally see Jed Cartwright get a shot soon... won't happen unless there are injuries of course but still he looks the goods.

betcats

Referee
I think Waddell should get a shot ahead of Jed ATM, can cover the same positions plus hooker.

bebo

Juniors
Think our 21 named will be:

Moylan
DWZ
Whare
Peachey
Blake
TMM
Cleary
Tamou
Wallace
RCG
Bryce
Yeo
Merrin:

Latu
Akoula
Kikau
Browne
Leota
Hiku
Hawera-Narea
May

Gives us cover for Cartwright given he isn't even running yet
I saw Bryce at the Plaza this morning and he want walking all that well

Fangs

Coach
Very confident we will win this one. But expecting a good fight from the Knights who are playing some committed football so far this season.

Probably the best game to bring Cartwright back. Would have been a nightmare if he was marking Cordner on Saturday night. Carty needs to find his feet quicksmart.

tripster

Juniors
My expectation is that Cartwright will not have recovered and won't play. I suspect Akauola will come into the starting side, Browne will come into the bench in his place, and Hiku will stay on the bench.

After what Hook said at the press conference, it sounds like Hiku will be in the team when Bryce isn't because (in Hook's view at least) it gives the team more flexibility in the event we lose a back during the game.

betcats

Referee
So who was the cover in round one? Bench was Leota, Browne, Latu, JFH. If Hiku went off who covers? There's only Yeo who can shift in that team. Why is it ok for round 1 but that doesn't work in round 3? Not buying that it's just avoiding making a tough decision and dropping Hiku.

kinghippo

Juniors
If Cartwright doesn't play I think we should aim for Merrin to play 80 minutes with yeo. If we play half decent the game should be wrapped up at the 60 minute mark anyway. Rotate the other forwards as needed pushing their minutes a bit further. Tamou should be benched, it would serve as a wake up call and hopefully piss him off. It also makes sense to have some experience coming into the game after 20.I don't like hiku on the bench, and am not a Browne fan and if he isn't 100% fit he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Fangs

Coach
So who was the cover in round one? Bench was Leota, Browne, Latu, JFH. If Hiku went off who covers? There's only Yeo who can shift in that team. Why is it ok for round 1 but that doesn't work in round 3? Not buying that it's just avoiding making a tough decision and dropping Hiku.

I think he sees Cartwright as cover for centre.