What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Knights

betcats

Referee
Cartwright would get carved up defending in the centres. It would be like that time Taylor put Kyle Lovett on Whare. A good centre would destroy Carty, hes just not quick enough laterally to defend the space out there.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
My expectation is that Cartwright will not have recovered and won't play. I suspect Akauola will come into the starting side, Browne will come into the bench in his place, and Hiku will stay on the bench.

After what Hook said at the press conference, it sounds like Hiku will be in the team when Bryce isn't because (in Hook's view at least) it gives the team more flexibility in the event we lose a back during the game.

That was given we couldn't call in anyone from outside the 21 man squad. if we name May or CHN they can play several positions

Fangs

Coach
Cartwright would get carved up defending in the centres. It would be like that time Taylor put Kyle Lovett on Whare. A good centre would destroy Carty, hes just not quick enough laterally to defend the space out there.

Preaching to the choir.

Tell you who did a good job at centre, Frank Pritchard. He really carved up the Tigers late in a game in 2007. We should get him back for a run.

With Yeo,Moylan,Carty,Wallace we probably have more cover for injuries than any other side. Stop wasting bench spots

franklin2323

Immortal
With Yeo,Moylan,Carty,Wallace we probably have more cover for injuries than any other side. Stop wasting bench spots

After JFH went off. If we had Leota or Browne on the bench we would of had a prop in backrow. It was stupid we didn't adequately pick our squad on Tuesday

martielang

Bench
I can't see how Hiku/a back on the bench is wasting our bench? The 4th spot is a nothing spot, especially if used for a forward. Why not use it as a safe guard if a back goes down? I thought Hiku did pretty well when he came on.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can't see how Hiku/a back on the bench is wasting our bench? The 4th spot is a nothing spot, especially if used for a forward. Why not use it as a safe guard if a back goes down? I thought Hiku did pretty well when he came on.

I would of been pissed off if he got no gametime but he was used and no glaring errors

martielang

Bench
We are already giving Kikau time, and Leota in the past. They seem to now be the 3rd choice on the bench.

You're effectively using two interchanges giving a young forward ten minutes. Seems pointless IMO.

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin names his 21-man squad to face Newcastle Knights at Pepper Stadium on Friday.

Get all your gameday info here

Panthers v Newcastle Knights
6pm Friday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Dean WHARE
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Te Maire MARTIN
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Peta HIKU
15. Leilani LATU
16. Viliame KIKAU
17. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
18. Moses LEOTA
19. Tim BROWNE
20. Dylan EDWARDS
21. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/03/21/nrl_teamlist_round_4.af_news.html

Panthers ISP coach Garth Brennan names his side to face Wyong Roos at Pepper Stadium on Saturday.

PLEASE NOTE: This match will be livestreamed on penrithpanthers.com.au. More details to come.

ISP Panthers v Wyong Roos
3pm Saturday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Michael OLDFIELD
4. Lachlan STEIN
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Darren NICHOLLS
8. Kaide ELLIS
9. Mitch REIN
10. Paea PUA
11. Jed CARTWRIGHT
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
13. Samisoni LANGI

14. Oliver CLARK
15. Nick LUI-TOSO
16. Corey WADDELL
17. Jack HETHERINGTON
18. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY

Panthers NYC coach David Tangata-Toa names his side to face Newcastle Knights at Pepper Stadium on Friday.

Get all your gameday info here

NYC Panthers v NYC Knights
3.45pm Friday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Brian TOO
3. Richie MUNCHOW
4. Sam MARTIN-SAVAGE
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Dean BLORE
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Tevita MAPAPALANGI
9. Wayde EGAN (c)