What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: India v Australia at Dharamsala on Mar 25-29, 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we all take 1-1 after 3 tests at the start of the tour

Now its reality and chance to win the series

We should be dropping Warner, his confidence is gone. Khawaja should come in for him but wont

India need to prepare a result wicket

Eelectrica

Referee
This test series has been so much closer than expected. Pujara really been the difference so far. We could have had game two.
His wicket has become the most valuable now. Hopefully when Renshaw grows up, he'll grow up to be like pujara, bat all day and accumulate runs without anyone really noticing.

And yeah, it's time for Warner to put up or shutup if he isn't going to be dropped.

8Ball

First Grade
Proud of the team. Very inexperienced in the conditions and have managed to survive a tough final day for a draw and jag a test match. Pressure will be off them and all of it will be on India.

All pressure on Kohl (to hit runs) and India (to win the series).

If Australia draw, we retain the trophy.

If we win, we win series 2-1, which is a stunning result.

So two out of three results favour Australia.

Australia need to pick the best team they can and go bang bang bang, put the pressure on big time.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There won't be. Hanged although I'd be very tempted to bring Stoinis in- there is too many left handers in our top 7. I'd open with Marsh and Renshaw.

There won't be a change though and I understand that

It's a much cooler place so I can't see it being a total dustbowl.

May even pay to bring in the third paceman. How did Patto pull up? The Cummins gamble paid off...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Allan Border made a pretty fair point. Smith is probably starting to get quite mentally tired with how much he carries the side. It was good for the lads to step up in the second innings here but we might need a repeat performance from the middle order.

Now I back Smith to take the four days and refresh the old brain but his footwork to the ball that got him out was unusually bad. He didnt get near covering his off stump. So maybe he might be due a couple of fails. Even in the second test where he didnt score a lot he still saw out a lot of balls.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
It's a much cooler place so I can't see it being a total dustbowl.

May even pay to bring in the third paceman. How did Patto pull up? The Cummins gamble paid off...

I picked it up in the commentary on fox yesterday, May have been Ravi saying that the next pitch is the one that will most suit the Australians. Known as a bouncier wicket with a decent covering of grass.. so no doubt the groundsmen's out there now with a flame thrower and a 40 gallon drum of round up....ha-ha

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah they are going to doctor the pitch. That said if we went into a series 1-1 against India at home I would want the bounciest fastest wicket possible for the decider.

We have to expect the pitch to be very spin friendly.

undertaker

Coach
I agree with what others have posted in another thread, about how Warner should be dropped for this upcoming test.

It would be the biggest Australian team change to a test series decider since Steve Waugh dropped Shane Warne in favour of Colin Miller in the 1999 tour of the West Indies, but I don't see Lehmann et al having the balls to cut Warner in favour of Khawaja

Valheru

Coach
It will be very interesting to see what the strategy is if Australia gets in a position of power in the match. Will Smith make result oriented declaration/s or will a draw be the top of his agenda?

There is a long way to go before that even becomes a possibility but it would be interesting.

Latest posts