What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad start to 2017

___

Juniors
Reynolds played hooker through junior/reserve levels with us did he not?
I know he played first grade for us at hooker when he first moved into the team. Comparing how he was as a hooker then and a five-eighth now, I think he's better now than what he was back then. Maybe experience comes into it or what have you, but he's grown into the five-eighth position IMO.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Even if he's grown into it and might be good at it, is he our best option there? That's the question. If we can get someone better in that role and he can serve as a better hooker than Lichaa (who not many fans consider to be much chop, at least in 2016), then that might be worth exploring.

Ultimately it comes down to who Des looks to buy.

The Doc

Juniors
would you re-sign him for 800k a year?
Would be absolute madness if you did.
Worth $450k tops. As an outsider i think your team would be better served with him in the #9 and put a 5/8 that can do the things a half should do that Mybye isnt doing.
Mybyes struggling... he burst onto the scene... inked a 4 year deal worth big bucks and then flopped.
I had a chat about this with hardcore dogs fans over a bbq last weekend, your team needs a major overhaul.
From an oursiders perspective heres how i see it...
Holland has to go... too slow... f#ck the goalkicking, put lee in his place.
Wing has to go to Montoya...
Other side the Morriss twins.
Your stuck with Mybye so reynolds has to be moved from 5/8. A new 5/8 is needed.
Your number 9 Lichaa isnt up to scratch. Put reynolds there.
Tolman is a 80min workhorse but needs to replaced with a young monster that can offload and step.
Its not many changes... but thosefew changes can turn things around big time for the dogs.
Get rid of hoppa... put abby at FB... the money saved from hoppa and lichaa will buy you a top line half (foran)???
That gives u guys youth with speed... plus experience.
Just an outsiders opinion but f#ck it would change alot about how the dogs play.

___

Juniors
I've heard a few rumors about us chasing some Tigers players. Now that Taylor is gone, who knows what that does. I doubt we'll sign Tedesco, but I keep hearing Brooks name being mentioned. Maybe...

6. Mbye
7. Brooks

Dogs Of War

Coach
Would be absolute madness if you did.
Worth $450k tops. As an outsider i think your team would be better served with him in the #9 and put a 5/8 that can do the things a half should do that Mybye isnt doing.
Mybyes struggling... he burst onto the scene... inked a 4 year deal worth big bucks and then flopped.
I had a chat about this with hardcore dogs fans over a bbq last weekend, your team needs a major overhaul.
From an oursiders perspective heres how i see it...
Holland has to go... too slow... f#ck the goalkicking, put lee in his place.
Wing has to go to Montoya...
Other side the Morriss twins.
Your stuck with Mybye so reynolds has to be moved from 5/8. A new 5/8 is needed.
Your number 9 Lichaa isnt up to scratch. Put reynolds there.
Tolman is a 80min workhorse but needs to replaced with a young monster that can offload and step.
Its not many changes... but thosefew changes can turn things around big time for the dogs.
Get rid of hoppa... put abby at FB... the money saved from hoppa and lichaa will buy you a top line half (foran)???
That gives u guys youth with speed... plus experience.
Just an outsiders opinion but f#ck it would change alot about how the dogs play.

Mybe is a 5//8th. And he would be a great one. He is just not cut out to be a halfback. He should be always running the ball first. Not directing play. He could make a good hooker as well, so maybe that might be the best way forward (Though we do have Woodford coming through, and if he can be about as good as his dad, we will be onto a winner at hooker).

We really need a fullback as well. The Foran rumours about comign to the dogs, maybe Brooks if that doesn't work out. It would be good to hear either way that a real halfback is coming to the Dogs.

dogz08

First Grade
haha!! i remember bulldogs force last year saying "we don't need to buy a half or a fullback"

Life's Good

Coach
Don't want to sound like I am trolling but you know you're in trouble when the talk is that Hasler will be sacked and no mention of McGregor under pressure.

___

Juniors
Don't want to sound like I am trolling but you know you're in trouble when the talk is that Hasler will be sacked and no mention of McGregor under pressure.
You're not trolling mate. The dogs are utter shit this year. The sooner Hasler is gone the better.

I would love for anyone to TRY and sugarcoat that 'performance' on Saturday. Just... try!

Bench
It is obvious that Hasler has lost the players support and needs to go, bulldogs need one of their own to take over the coaching.
Steve Mortimer summed it up before his demise.

Barkley

Bench
Sacking Hasler is not going to magically make Mbye develop a kicking game, its going to give the Morris boys their speed from 5 years ago and its not going turn Lichaa into Cameron Smith.

Hasler is ultimately responsible for the teams performance and he will get sacked but he is being made the scapegoat. The next coach will not turn this group of players into a premiership threat, we may play a better style but you can't polish a turd.

The main areas that has let the club down is a lack of signed/developed players in key positions. Our spine is close to he weakest in the comp, we will never compete as along as they remain together. Is this lack of player development / key signings Haslers fault? I'm sure he plays a big part in it but is he to blame for all of it?

When Hasler gets sacked, he will go to another club and probably get them to the finals every year just like he has done with us. We will sign a coach and continue to perform as good as our roster allows. Then who will we blame? Raelene Castle?

Barkley

Bench
I will be surprised if the Broncos don't put 30 on us tonight (minimum).

I'm not sure if we will win or not but I can't see it being a flogging. We will turn up to this game ready to play like we have all year. Our effort has been there we are just lacking execution and direction.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Sacking Hasler is not going to magically make Mbye develop a kicking game, its going to give the Morris boys their speed from 5 years ago and its not going turn Lichaa into Cameron Smith.

Hasler is ultimately responsible for the teams performance and he will get sacked but he is being made the scapegoat. The next coach will not turn this group of players into a premiership threat, we may play a better style but you can't polish a turd.

The main areas that has let the club down is a lack of signed/developed players in key positions. Our spine is close to he weakest in the comp, we will never compete as along as they remain together. Is this lack of player development / key signings Haslers fault? I'm sure he plays a big part in it but is he to blame for all of it?

When Hasler gets sacked, he will go to another club and probably get them to the finals every year just like he has done with us. We will sign a coach and continue to perform as good as our roster allows. Then who will we blame? Raelene Castle?
Hasler has had complete control of the playing roster. He brought all his own staff with him including in recruitment. Alot of good Bulldog people were let go for this to happen. Many of those people had been with the club for decades. He brought in Hopoate Lichaa, kept Mbye on huge $ for what he is truly worth and still hasn't taught Reynolds to pass to team mates n not behind them or to the ground. So i think he has a bit to answer for

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not sure if we will win or not but I can't see it being a flogging. We will turn up to this game ready to play like we have all year. Our effort has been there we are just lacking execution and direction.
I'm not 100% sold on that. We have shown execution and direction in glimpses (very small ones), but the effort is what seems to be lacking the most. Looked like some of the boys gave up last Saturday, was painful to watch.

I can see us being competitive tonight - but it'll be interesting to see how Frawley goes more than anything.

Latest posts