What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Titans Game Day Thread

yy_cheng

Coach
Despite what I posted earlier, you do make a valid point. We have seen (and it has been noted by some commentators) that Corey Norman plays his best when he is called upon to run the whole show himself. He played much better after Foran dropped out for instance. He's our go-to guy for all the kicking, organising, talking on the field, etc. He sets up the left hand side perfectly, and is a big reason that Radradra is so influential. And he now breaks tackles and seems to have a bit more speed. I'm hoping that with more experience, Gutherson, French and Pritchard might learn how to do those things. I guess it will then be up to the coach to get Corey to play at his best, with a more focussed role in the team - and let the others do their thing. I'm not suggesting that Norman cramps the style of other players, it's just that he revels in taking responsibility for the whole thing himself. Over to you, Brad.
If we are ahead by a nice margin, Normey should be benched to a) put him in cotton wool b) to give the others experience to run the show.

I do not like our bench with Alvaro and O'Brien

Throw in Auva - he can play as a center, winger or edge forward.

When Normy gets rested, Maybe stick Hoffman or Taka in the halves and stick Auva in the centre or wing.

If we can't afford to rest Normy, Auva can come on as an edge forward. He'll make more metres than O'Brien did against the tits

lingard

Coach
If we are ahead by a nice margin, Normey should be benched to a) put him in cotton wool b) to give the others experience to run the show.

I do not like our bench with Alvaro and O'Brien

Throw in Auva - he can play as a center, winger or edge forward.

When Normy gets rested, Maybe stick Hoffman or Taka in the halves and stick Auva in the centre or wing.

If we can't afford to rest Normy, Auva can come on as an edge forward. He'll make more metres than O'Brien did against the tits

If I was the coach I'd be trying gradually to give them experience at running the show while Norman is on the field. Because he will also need to learn that it's okay to take a back seat sometimes.

forward pass

Coach
Ha ha.

Having a quick view of this thread this morning is comedy gold. fmd some of you are a pack of whinging merkins.

Seriously, some of you should be embarrassed by some of the rubbish you post on here. waaaaah - it was the referees fault we lost , waaaah - it was Greenburgs fault we lost - waaaaah - it is an NRL conspiracy against us. I mean some of the comments are so childish and ridiculous it is hard to comprehend that grown men have posted them (assumingly).

waaaah - Semi piss off to France, waaaah - Piss of Kaysa out of the club because he has the f**king audacity to get injured. Some 'supporters' on here can't even spell the players names right - Who the f**k is Hauffman?

Get a grip everyone. We put in a shocker. How many clubs have not put one in so far this season - Storm and Roosters and the Knights - that is it. It happens. Players have poor games, teams have poor performances. Why do we people find this so hard to comprehend. Gutho has been good - suddenly he is shit. Same for Semi, same for Taka ..blah blah blah.

If we did this every week - I would be going off too. But seriously, one poor performance and everyone turns on them. Unbelievable.

Gronk

Staff member
Ha ha.

Having a quick view of this thread this morning is comedy gold. fmd some of you are a pack of whinging merkins.

Seriously, some of you should be embarrassed by some of the rubbish you post on here. waaaaah - it was the referees fault we lost , waaaah - it was Greenburgs fault we lost - waaaaah - it is an NRL conspiracy against us. I mean some of the comments are so childish and ridiculous it is hard to comprehend that grown men have posted them (assumingly).

waaaah - Semi piss off to France, waaaah - Piss of Kaysa out of the club because he has the f**king audacity to get injured. Some 'supporters' on here can't even spell the players names right - Who the f**k is Hauffman?

Get a grip everyone. We put in a shocker. How many clubs have not put one in so far this season - Storm and Roosters and the Knights - that is it. It happens. Players have poor games, teams have poor performances. Why do we people find this so hard to comprehend. Gutho has been good - suddenly he is shit. Same for Semi, same for Taka ..blah blah blah.

If we did this every week - I would be going off too. But seriously, one poor performance and everyone turns on them. Unbelievable.

Yep Nth Qld who are almost everyones 2017 favs lost in a similar fashion. Too many errors vs side that wanted it more.

Gronk

Staff member
So Tepai didn't get charged after all ?

https://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-trio-facing-big-bans/tabid/10874/newsid/104811/default.aspx

judiciaryRd3_2017.PNG

emjaycee

Coach

Charged and pleaded guilty already.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/03/20/moeroa_enters_early_.html

The list on the NRL site seems only to be an extract and cover Saturday and Sunday games as Thaiday got charged from Thursday nights game but isnt list above.

http://www.nrl.com/thaiday-charged-with-contrary-conduct/tabid/10874/newsid/104754/default.aspx

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ha ha.

Agreed. It wasn't a great performance but we are still 2 from 3 and haven't suddenly lost all of our ability.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ha ha.

I was annoyed we lost, but given our new spine, I'd rather play like crap in round 3, instead of round 26...

Better we get the shit out of our system now, imo.

eel01s

Bench
I still think that if we had managed to hold the ball we would have won comfortably. I take comfort in the fact that nobody would have been more upset than BA.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think so many people not just here but other league fans expected us to win cause we up against a "reserve grade" team, but sometimes that's not great preparation. You've got to turn up every week no matter who you're up against. Every game in the NRL at this stage is a tough game to pick.

Look I was disappointed with the performance but I feel with Norman back we can get the combinations right, our attitude will be a lot better and just play the basics.

Every team has their bad loss every year but sometimes bounce back and be a completely different team.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Ha ha.

You could almost take the Roosters out of that list, whilst they haven't played like arse for a whole game, they were diabolical against the Tits in the second half of round one

84 Baby

Referee
Agreed. It wasn't a great performance but we are still 2 from 3 and haven't suddenly lost all of our ability.
I'd be happy with the season going 2 wins then a game playing like 8 year olds on repeat. Until the finals... don't bring that shit then.

Plus

emjaycee

Coach
I'd be happy with the season going 2 wins then a game playing like 8 year olds on repeat. Until the finals... don't bring that shit then.

Plus

Yeah, 16 wins and 8 losses (= 2 byes) would have had us in 4th the last 2 years and equal 1st in 2014.

Latest posts