What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To summarise....

Shredder

Juniors
Wow - big week.

OK - so Ive been going through this all in my head.

We have, conservatively $2mln of salary cap off contract this year.
We are paying about another $1mln to play at another clubs, which ends this year.
So next year, we need to build a club from the ground up, with a massive amount of salary cap space.

Also, I think the NRL board members leave this year to or am I wrong?

I think if the board is cleared up at the end of this year to, I feel more confident about getting a decent coach on.

This is the best new start opportunity we have had since the merger (which we f**ked) so hopefully.......

Perth Tiger

Bench
We have, conservatively $2mln of salary cap off contract this year.
We are paying about another $1mln to play at another clubs, which ends this year.
So next year, we need to build a club from the ground up, with a massive amount of salary cap space.

add to that the salary cap is going up by anywhere between 2-4 mil

Tiger05

First Grade
The troll should just f**k off. Now back on topic. We are now in a really really good spot. We don't have to get rid of any players with any drama. We just offer the players that we want to stay fair contracts. If they go or stay it doesn't really matter because we can go to the market. We could even off overs to quality players in the first season to attract them to the club but we should be really careful when it comes to doing this.

We are in a good spot. The question is who will stay.

I'd wager we have more than $2m off the cap at years end?

The cap is $7m this year, only Liddle, Suli, Ava, Felise, ET and Aloiai are resign past 2017 from what I recall.