What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Could be quite a few "Fam's" and Blodd's" thrown around on Arsenal fan TV interviews after that loss.

Haffa

That was such an isipid way to lose. They have no heart, if their fans weren't such gimps I might feel sorry for them. In saying that I hope Wenger stays for another 20 years.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
No way Arsene will want to stay, specially since the fans have turned on him so much. Same can be said for Ozil.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Hopefully they leave together, he hasn't had it for 2-3 years now, it took a piss poor end of season for tottenham and City for us to be as high as we were last season.

thorson1987

Coach
3E6564B900000578-4326642-image-a-9_1489842810473.jpg

skysports-wenger-banner-arsenal_3911995.jpg

Both banners flown over The Hawthorns during the game.

Haffa

It's now basically a two horse race between us and Sp*rs

So my final prediction is;

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. T*ttenham
4. United

Tigers1986

Juniors
If the great Chelsea do fail to win the league then it's an almight failure and choke job. They're just playing beautiful football and can't seem to get a decent challenge. Should they take 3 points against City then it's almost theirs.

Haffa

I'd say even in the run of wins they've had some tough games. To say everyone is rolling over is a bit disingenuous. This team is so clinical and focused that even on an off day or when the game is being taken to them they're finding ways to win.

Should they win it, they will almost certainly have earned it.

saint.nick

Coach
I'd say even in the run of wins they've had some tough games. To say everyone is rolling over is a bit disingenuous. This team is so clinical and focused that even on an off day or when the game is being taken to them they're finding ways to win.

Nobody is saying Chelsea haven't earned it, they completely have and I admire them for it (they're a lot more likeable with Conte), but come on man, 10 points in the lead with 10 games still to go! It's got nothing to do with how tough Chelsea's opponents have been, it's all to do with how Chelsea's competition by comparison have abysmally failed at prevailing through the same types of games. What Chelsea have done isn't too extraordinary for typical champions-elect. United, for example, were tipped to be right up there, but instead of finding ways to win like Chelsea, they've fallen to all of those 0-0 and 1-1 draws at home.

Chelsea may still well have prevailed with better competition, but it would have been much fiercer, and you wouldn't have had one hand on the trophy back in January.

Last edited:

saint.nick

Coach
I wouldn't say nobody.
Who? Spurs? You may be coming second but as of yet have failed to even breathe down Chelsea's neck. The last time Chelsea were in a hussle was before January when Liverpool were shoulder to shoulder with them, up until when they decided to disintegrate in January. Ever since then Chelsea have been absolutely cruising their way to the prize.

Haffa

I agree as far as the rest of the pack folding and giving us lack of a neck and neck fight.
The reality is we can lose three games and still win the league. Even if we went 6 wins and 4 losses we'd only lose if Spurs won out.

I read your original post as more as talking more game to game, apologies. Game to game we've been forced to earn it. The comical refs offering no protection isanother hurdle.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Sorry, not what I meant, maybe I misunderstood your comment by who is putting pressure on them. I meant on the pitch not the table.

We beat both the Chavs and Citihad and we dont play any more top 4 teams so we cant do anymore than what we have already done.

I agree on the table, its Chavs to lose but as Haffa said, they would have to lose 4 games and I cant see that happening. We drew far too many games early in the season while they were winning and they deserve to be where they are.

Latest posts