What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleep apnea .....strategies to combat tiredness during the day.

The Partisan

Howdy,

Recently diagnosed with this condition. On the severe end of the scale ( according to the doc) after the results of my sleep test came in.

Still to have 2nd test with using a CPAP machine, so keen to hear of any strategies people have used to combat tiredness at work after a CPAP less night.

yosemite

Juniors
I recently did a sleep study too and Apnea was diagnosed..... it means I have to wear a CPAP mask, but trialed and hated it! Could not tolerate the mask on and felt very claustrophobic the whole time.
So, underwent plan B , which was to lose weight and combat apnea this way.
So far have dropped 10kgs and already my energy levels are markedly different.
So perhaps go down this route and hit the gym/diet combo to reduce tiredness.
So far, has worked for me!

Smack

Coach
You might need to balance your nutrition, diet and exercise. Every individual is different and has specific needs. Might be worth your time so see a Nutritionist.

Patorick

Staff member
Coffee helps, green tea as well.

Apples are really good for waking you up a bit when you feel tired.

Routine is also important, it sounds obvious, but you have to get in the habit of going to bed at a certain time at night and staying in your bed until a certain time in the morning. Getting out of bed on cold mornings is really hard some days, but you can manage it so it becomes a positive habit.

Latest posts