What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 : Vs Rooster ANZ Stadium @ 8.00pm Thursday 23rd March

Rsag85

Bench
Farah needs to go back to the bears next week. Cook has to start and play the full 80.

Goodwin was strong, Cody was good, cook looked great

DiegoNT

First Grade
I wouldn't panic after that. We have a few small problems, a lot of young players in the team and a few senior players who were disappointing.
1st of all Talaki had a bad game. His a rookie and still learning so I won't be too hard on him, but burns is back next week and I'm sure Talaki will go. So to was solid on debut in the wet.
Second seriously we need to get rid of the twins. Musgrove was fantastic of the bench, surely Cherrington gets a game next week. Rochow was better this week Turner was great. He filled in at 2nd row, then centre, then lock and tackled his heart out wherever he was. Chricton still needs time to develop I hope we don't rush him.
Another thing, cook and farah isn't working. When they are both on the field it's a mess and it means we are down a true forward. Cook was better tonight, farah had a shocker but farah was better in the first 3 weeks. We need to make a decision on one or the other sooner or later.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Goodwin was great, cook was more diamonds then rocks this week, but the rocks are still there

OVP

Coach
To all you decent Souths fans on here (97% of you lol) well played tonight. Defensively you were very good and ground out a good effort i thought. Some big tackles out there tonight and you guys did really well to hang in there. Good effort for such a depleted team, well done.

To the Three Stooges ... suck shit and I'm going to enjoy your meltdowns :D

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
To all you decent Souths fans on here (97% of you lol) well played tonight. Defensively you were very good and ground out a good effort i thought. Some big tackles out there tonight and you guys did really well to hang in there. Good effort for such a depleted team, well done.

Well said mate. You have a lot to look forward to this year as a roosters supporter.

southsport

First Grade
Two lost balls by Tom in the first half resulted in two tries to the roosters, I'm wondering if the scoreline would have been closer if not for that.

The twins need to be off-loaded at seasons end.

OVP

Coach
Well said mate. You have a lot to look forward to this year as a roosters supporter.

Cheers man. I've got to be honest, I think you guys will surprise a lot of people as the season goes on. Premierships aren't won in March and there's a hell of a long way to go. I wasn't very impressed with the Roosters, i thought they looked a bit tired or maybe even a bit complacent. Once your combinations start to click, by the time Inglis comes back, I reckon you'll still be higher up on the ladder than most think. Cody Walker played great in the first half, cut us to ribbons a few times and Reynolds is very solid and good at controlling the attack. But i reckon if you started the game with Cook for the first 30, then give him a rest and bring Farah on for 20, you might find you start a bit better in games. Your attack with Cook at dummy half looked a bit faster to me, but that's just my opinion hey :)

southsport

First Grade
Cody and Cook are the only ones that seem to have any attacking flare and i don't see that Farah brings much to the team.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Like I said, no need for panic stations. Roosters are a great team, but all that stopped us was Toms mistakes and inexperience on the edges. Our middle was surprisingly good with no Sam and a misfiring Tom

DiegoNT

First Grade
Cody and Cook are the only ones that seem to have any attacking flare and i don't see that Farah brings much to the team.
Problem with cook is he starts panicking and trys to hard. He also seems to struggle to get on the same page with the halves meaning a lot of plays just fizzle when we are attacking the line.
Farah is trying to much to take over. It's Reynolds team, he should be complementing him not over riding him.
When have them both on it just doesn't work. One just stands behind the ruck doing nothing while the other takes over. And it deprives us off a running tackling forward

callmack1

Staff member
What a tough old game that was. Very tough. We killed ourselves in that first half with errors which is extremely frustrating, I reckon we would've got close if we'd held the friggin ball. I know it's cliche but it wasn't a great refereeing performance tonight. They were allowed to lay all over us, give second efforts in the tackle and tackle us high and no penalties blown?!! Fug me!

The second half was better. We lost our way late but it just goes to show we can play good footy if we hold the ball. I'm pleased that we kept fighting too, it's a great sign and we missed that last year. Here goes.

Johnston: Was okay. Defused a few kicks and almost created some opportunity close to the line. Almost scored off Cook but just couldn't quite get in the right position.

Moceidreke: Again was okay. Took a few risky air swings trying to save tries/defuse kicks which almost cost us and looked a little nervous in defence which is totally understandable for a debutant. His late footwork is impresse and he took some strong runs. Good for him to get a try too.

Talaki: Had a tough game, it was just hard for him to get into the game so he had little impact.

Jennings: Had some strong runs and looked dangerous at times but a few errors marred his performance.

Goodwin: Was good. He tried really hard, made some great runs and did so much of the shit work. He impressed.

Walker: Brilliant in the first half, looked very dangerous and caused trouble. However, sadly he went missing a bit in the second when we needed him most.

Reynolds: A tough game. Had some good kicks but also some average ones. Not up to his usual standard. He did run the ball more though.

T.Burgess: Well, what can I say. Utter shit from him I'm sorry. Can't hold the ball and just trots to the defensive line and doesn't run hard like he should. I'm sick of his errors, something has to be done!

Farah: Not the greatest of game from him. Made some bad kicks. Did make some good scoots from dummy half though.

Clark: Not as good as he has been but still solid. Made some errors and had a few bad runs but he tried and got through a lot of work.

Turner: Solid. Did a lot of work and imo, stepped up in Sam's absence.

Sutton: Was great. Some awesome runs and a lot of energy. I was really pleased with him.

Sam: Was good before he came off. Nice runs and a monster in defense! It's a shame he couldn't return, we missed him.

Cook: He was better tonight. Provided some spark and energy. Created a few opportunities but we just couldn't capitalize on them.

Crichton: Made a couple of errors but other than that was good. Ran hard on good angles and was solid in defence.

Musgrove: He was good. Every aggressive and had a lot of purpose about his play. No errors either. If only the twins could play like him.

Rochow: Has improved. He really lifted in the second half and had good go forward.

Something needs to be done about the twins ASAP I'm sick of it!

Anyway, overall this game isn't one to loose your shit over. Our flaws in tonight's game can be fixed. Yes we made errors, but that was in terrible conditions. We didn't score many points because the Roosters defense was too good.

Our attitude is the big one. We didn't give up, we kept fighting, this attitude was missing last year. That's one huge positive to take out of the game.

Rsag85

Bench
Two lost balls by Tom in the first half resulted in two tries to the roosters, I'm wondering if the scoreline would have been closer if not for that.

Rochow and Musgrove looked good when they came on imo

callmack1

Staff member

Yep Tom killed that game in the first half.

I'm not giving up on the twins yet. We know what they can do but something needs to be done ASAP.

callmack1

Staff member

Thanks mate, well played.

rabbitohs95

Bench
We really need an experienced no nonsense prop. I'd gamble on Matt Scott tbh his price would have dropped due to the ACL imo.

Latest posts