What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate Gareth Widdop

BennyV

Referee
BennyV
Nothing wrong with anything you've said in fact you're spot on.

There I said it, you were right.

I'm still in the give him a crack now camp, however now more inclined towards giving him time to 'add a few strings to his bow'. Most of the chuck him (and Dufty) in now camp comments were made on the back of desperate frustration from last year, and some brilliance shown in 9's. Nobody suggested he was a complete first grader. Most thoughts were towards giving us some desperately needed points, as our halves and backs were so bad last year along with an ineffective forward pack.

Who saw us being the equal 3rd highest point scorers after round 3? Imo Aitken, Lafai, Nighty and even McCrone don't deserve to be dropped on current form.

I said in the Warriors thread this morning that on current form, Milne, Leilua, Field, Dufty will have to earn their spots or wait for injuries and form slump.

I think Mann has to be given a chance at 7 now, rotated with McCrone.

I'd still like to see Field rotated in the 7, but we don't appear to be that desperate anymore, and at this stage he would definately benefit from playing time either in FG or for Illawarra.

One more time, you have been proven right, so far but it's early days. Field has played 15m I think in 3 rounds, so no strings being added to his bow just yet.
It's definitely still early days and I don't know what Field has shown over the pre season. You never know, he might have developed a whole lot of tools, start in first great and prove quite the weapon. Based on what's been showed so far, NSW Cup is the best place for him.

IMO, Mann is the better player at the moment anyway. Speed is just under that of Field but not far off, footwork as good, kicking and ball skills better, defence better.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's a good B Grader, McCrone.

Hoping he has one of his rare A grade games Sunday.

Hoping even more that someone takes his place based on superior form.

Capital

Juniors
Look at Keary's stats last game and he is leading the Dally M and got 3 points for a poor effort where he only got 18 points in supercoach.
Widdop is going immeasurably better this year as is evidenced by his goal kicking as well, so don't get hung up on the last game stats.
Mc Crone got way to much ball last game and that had a negative effect lets see what the coach's plan is this game.
I know. Hard to believe Keary for 3 Dally M points for that game. He was average. I imagine when it is a good team effort without an obvious standout, it is hard to judge.

I don't think the club is interested in better. They want good. The Lurker (I know. Is mostly BS) reported if Newcastle get Bird he will be 5/8 and the Dragons may have a crack at Brock Lamb. This would be great.

loveoursaints

Juniors
I know. Hard to believe Keary for 3 Dally M points for that game. He was average. I imagine when it is a good team effort without an obvious standout, it is hard to judge.

I don't think the club is interested in better. They want good. The Lurker (I know. Is mostly BS) reported if Newcastle get Bird he will be 5/8 and the Dragons may have a crack at Brock Lamb. This would be great.
Widdop is not going immeasurably better. Improved a little yes. 5/10 versus last 2 years 2/10. He still cant set up our runners. He and mccrone would be a decent nucleus ..... for a nsw cup team.

Capital

Juniors
Widdop is not going immeasurably better. Improved a little yes. 5/10 versus last 2 years 2/10. He still cant set up our runners. He and mccrone would be a decent nucleus ..... for a nsw cup team.
You are preaching to the choir. First game he was very good in a very good team effort but he wasn't the best. Second was the opposite but he wasn't the worst. Last game was business as usual. Piss poor in a good team effort.

Crush

Coach
Mann will never play in the halves. No chance. Might as well talk about Jack Bird playing 5/8 for dragons next year, more likely than Mann playing half.
Mann will get his chance on the wing when nightingale is moved to fullback to cover dugan when he gets injured or plays origin.

Capital

Juniors
Mann will never play in the halves. No chance. Might as well talk about Jack Bird playing 5/8 for dragons next year, more likely than Mann playing half.
Mann will get his chance on the wing when nightingale is moved to fullback to cover dugan when he gets injured or plays origin.
Hopefully you are wrong. It would be great if Widdop strained a hamstring or something like that.

Old Timer

Coach
Hopefully you are wrong. It would be great if Widdop strained a hamstring or something like that.
You have been here 5 minutes and you post that shit absolutely disgraceful.
TBH even if you were here 10 years it would still be a shithouse thing purposely wishing injury upon a player, you obviously never played sport.
No doubt you are another poorly veiled attempt to have an identity that bags Widoop and I suppose this name relates loosely relates to Das Kapital and the subsequent critique.

loveoursaints

Juniors
You have been here 5 minutes and you post that shit absolutely disgraceful.
TBH even if you were here 10 years it would still be a shithouse thing purposely wishing injury upon a player, you obviously never played sport.
No doubt you are another poorly veiled attempt to have an identity that bags Widoop and I suppose this name relates loosely relates to Das Kapital and the subsequent critique.
Bully