What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate Gareth Widdop

loveoursaints

Juniors
@Vasrubysigurdglenn01capitalstevetimpsonloveoursaints.

10/10 for persistence.
Now say after me. Lets give mary 10 games and see how he goes. And lets put widdop up for sale and see if any team will want him ... besides the tumut wombats. No mediocrity here please!

loveoursaints

Juniors
Get back in your corner and wait till you get tagged by Capital before you jump in the ring.
In the meantime go and see Mark Lewin and get him to show you his sleeper hold.
PS: Don't f**k up by answering from the wrong account like you did a while back.
You seem miserable....go to your Dr. Let people with my football knowledge decide who should do what in our team. Now run along old timer.

I might be in the minority, but I actually like Our Captain Gareth Widdop as a player and a person.
As a player he is a premiership winner, has represented his country in over 20 tests, has actually played well with us when he has had a proper half decent half back to play with, he puts in each game, his debut with us was great against the Tigers in 14, his efforts in that semi final v Bullgrubs in 15 was outstanding and inspirational. His major issue over the past few years has been not having a proper half back and also being Coached by Mary.
As a person Our Captain Gareth Widdop is a top bloke. I had the pleasure of meeting him last year and even though we as a team were struggling he took the time out to speak to plenty of supporters and sign autographs and actually spend time and chat to people.
A lesson the majority of other football players should look at.

loveoursaints

Juniors
I might be in the minority, but I actually like Our Captain Gareth Widdop as a player and a person.
As a player he is a premiership winner, has represented his country in over 20 tests, has actually played well with us when he has had a proper half decent half back to play with, he puts in each game, his debut with us was great against the Tigers in 14, his efforts in that semi final v Bullgrubs in 15 was outstanding and inspirational. His major issue over the past few years has been not having a proper half back and also being Coached by Mary.
As a person Our Captain Gareth Widdop is a top bloke. I had the pleasure of meeting him last year and even though we as a team were struggling he took the time out to speak to plenty of supporters and sign autographs and actually spend time and chat to people.
A lesson the majority of other football players should look at.
Yep he is a top bloke. Granted. He played ok in that final. Wow you pick out one game from 70. But he still lost it for us by a useless kick with under one minute to go. Nice guys dont come first. And one game in 70 says it all.

Yep he is a top bloke. Granted. He played ok in that final. Wow you pick out one game from 70. But he still lost it for us by a useless kick with under one minute to go. Nice guys dont come first. And one game in 70 says it all.

We didn't get beaten in that Semi because of that 40/20, we lost because Reynolds kicked the field goal.
Without Widdop that game we don't even come close to being in golden point.
you don't get to be Captain of this great club unless you can play decent footy and be a leader amongst others and they r qualities that he has. Mary has been the issue recently not Widdop.
Nice guys don't always come first but it is a quality of leadership when you witness your teams Captain leading by example for the Dragons brand.

Capital

Juniors
Whoa Ok, seems I kicked a hornets nest. I'm surprised you are able to ruin threads like this.

I wished a hamstring strain on Widdop because I would like to see Kurt Mann get a chance at 5/8. I didn't wish a ruptured ACL, a broken neck or even a dislocated hip on him.

I agree with loveoursaints. If that makes me bad, I'm sorry but I think I am allowed to express my opinion. The people who make the decisions at the club agree also. Widdop hasn't even gotten an offer and probably won't. The club isn't in any hurry to make an offer because no other clubs are lining up for his signature.
Time and not a great deal of it will tell. In the meantime please allow me to express my opinion.

Capital

Juniors
I just think all sides need to take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard for the next several hours. This is incredible!

Latest posts