What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

RazorRam0n

Juniors
If you ladies are done... My side for 2017.

1. Tedesco
2. B Morris (L)
3. Jennings (L)
4. Leilua (R)
5. Ferguson (R)
6. Maloney
7. Reynolds
8. Boyd
9. ABW
10. Woods
11. Cordner (L)
12. Frizzell (R)
13. Merrin
14. Bird
15. Fifita
16. Graham
17. Junior Paulo

the beauty of such far fetched sides is that there is ZERO chance they will ever be a reality for discussion

TheFrog

Coach
2. mansour (back to training today)
Sauce has been training for many weeks. Doesn't mean he will be ready in 2 months to play for NSW. He's had a knee reconstruction. He'll take a while to find his feet. I'd be surprised if he's ready to play Origin by game 3.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Sauce has been training for many weeks. Doesn't mean he will be ready in 2 months to play for NSW. He's had a knee reconstruction. He'll take a while to find his feet. I'd be surprised if he's ready to play Origin by game 3.

he says himself that conservatively round 12 is his target return round, if he gets in a solid 2 weeks, he could be in selection frame by game 2. like GI he should be afforded the right to incumbency if he can prove fitness.

he only knows 1 way to play, and we need the mick hancock like attitude against the toads on kick return and from dummy half.

TheFrog

Coach
he says himself that conservatively round 12 is his target return round, if he gets in a solid 2 weeks, he could be in selection frame by game 2. like GI he should be afforded the right to incumbency if he can prove fitness.

he only knows 1 way to play, and we need the mick hancock like attitude against the toads on kick return and from dummy half.
The Panthers have a bye in round 12. You'd be picking him for game 2 on one game back. I don't think it will happen and I love the bloke. Even game 3 is doubtful, the then incumbent might be killing it.

Whatever premiership aspirations the Panthers might have are to a large degree dependent on this bloke making a successful comeback. He won't be rushed.

Even if Mansour is back by Round 12, it will take quite a while before he will be back to his pre-injury playing ability. I've been told by people who work in the medical field that full recovery from an ACL injury is closer to 18 months for the joint to return to full strength and flexibility. As such Mansour would not be anywhere near ready in a conditioning sense for his knee to hold up under the added pace of an Origin game.

I only have to look at Jared Warea-Hargreaves when he came back in 2016 from his ACL suffered late in 2015. Whilst he was ok, he was not running with the same impact in many of the games he played in 2016 like he was prior to his injury, it was only right near the death of the season he started to look like his old self.

As such, I think TheFrog is right on this one. NSW won't risk him, not when they have quite a few options to choose from already.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Even if Mansour is back by Round 12, it will take quite a while before he will be back to his pre-injury playing ability. I've been told by people who work in the medical field that full recovery from an ACL injury is closer to 18 months for the joint to return to full strength and flexibility. As such Mansour would not be anywhere near ready in a conditioning sense for his knee to hold up under the added pace of an Origin game.

I only have to look at Jared Warea-Hargreaves when he came back in 2016 from his ACL suffered late in 2015. Whilst he was ok, he was not running with the same impact in many of the games he played in 2016 like he was prior to his injury, it was only right near the death of the season he started to look like his old self.

As such, I think TheFrog is right on this one. NSW won't risk him, not when they have quite a few options to choose from already.

and for every ACL recovery gone bad, there's stories like tedesco and even right now whare as examples.

i'm optimistic coz he's damn good for origin, and i don't care about the pamfers premiership hopes :p

myrrh ken

First Grade
TSFO or too small for origin.

Even though he played there many years ago.

They'll prolly go for fergo and one of hoppa, too poo, b moz

Vic Mackey

Referee
De Belin LOL WTF

Are we gunna pick every dude who's had 2 good games after being an average first grader for 4 years?

Tommy Smith

Referee
No way Mansour plays Origin this year.

BMoz and Fergo will be the wingers if fit.

Also, surely Cordner must be captain. He's NSW best forward and an inspiration.

I can't remember the last time he put in less than an 8/10 performance. What a freak.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Hooker is our huge problem position.
Farah isn't playing 80 minutes at souths and hasn't been that good.

Peats is injured
Mcinnes and Bailey are young
Wallace is old

They are our options :(

Tommy Smith

Referee
I rate McInnes. No idea why Souths didn't...

But it's probably too early for him.

Looking back I can't believe Farah eas hooker over Ennis laat year. Mind boggling.

Atm I'd say the hooker has to be Peter Wallace. Very solid and dependable.

But if it's Farah I'll cry.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Putting on the tin foil hat - you see the calls of "just pick the best players, sort positions out later" line getting louder and louder.

This means tedesco 1, Moylan 6 and ... Pearce 9.

betcats

Referee
Give young Brailey a year and he looks like he could handle it. I honestly don't mind Pearce at 9 either, he can tackle and pass. We don't need anything other than that for now.