What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 : Vs Rooster ANZ Stadium @ 8.00pm Thursday 23rd March

alien

Referee
Farah is trying to much to take over. It's Reynolds team, he should be complementing him not over riding him.

It did seem a bit like that at times tonight. I don't mind Farah running and kicking from dummy half at times, but he over does it sometimes.

rabbitohs95

Bench
How long do we have Musgrove signed for? We need to keep him.
Perhaps Fuimaono is a better option.

We re-signed Mus til end of 2020!

Tbh I think Fuimaono isn't ready but more up to it than Talakai, I agree with R20 he should be transformed into a backrower or at least fix up his defence at centre.

My team for next week (bit controversial)

1. Alex Johnston
2. Robert Jennings
3. Bryson Goodwin
4. Braidon Burns
5. Sitiveni Moceidreke
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Angus Crichton
12. John Sutton
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Robbie Rochow
17. Anthony Cherrington

- Bryson and Goodwin to switch for defensive stability.

- Burns goes to centre, his natural position, while Moceidreke stays on the wing

- Sam to front row and Zane to start

- Crichton starts and Turner stays in the middle, where he is best utilised

- Clark reverts to the bench and Cherro comes on

- NO BURGESS TWINS as they MUST improve their handling and defence, although I know George is suspended but barring injury/suspension and major form drop, I'd have this team for Round 6 too

OVP

Coach
Well played OVP.

Top 4 for you guys this season!!!!!

Cheers man but I wasn't that impressed with us. Long way to go, and i think we'll struggle against the big guns like Cronulla, Melbourne, Broncos etc. But don't discount yourselves from the 8, I thought you guys were bloody gutsy as hell out there tonight. You keep that attitude when the troops come back and you'll do well imo. Good luck dude.

callmack1

Staff member
Cheers man but I wasn't that impressed with us. Long way to go, and i think we'll struggle against the big guns like Cronulla, Melbourne, Broncos etc. But don't discount yourselves from the 8, I thought you guys were bloody gutsy as hell out there tonight. You keep that attitude when the troops come back and you'll do well imo. Good luck dude.
Yea I was pleased with our attitude last night we never gave up.

southsport

First Grade

Tbh I think Fuimaono isn't ready but more up to it than Talakai, I agree with R20 he should be transformed into a backrower or at least fix up his defence at centre.

1. Alex Johnston
2. Robert Jennings
3. Bryson Goodwin
4. Braidon Burns
5. Sitiveni Moceidreke
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Angus Crichton
12. John Sutton
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Robbie Rochow
17. Anthony Cherrington

- Burns goes to centre, his natural position, while Moceidreke stays on the wing

- NO BURGESS TWINS as they MUST improve their handling and defence, although I know George is suspended but barring injury/suspension and major form drop, I'd have this team for Round 6 too

I'd go with that r95, but switching Bryson and Goodwin is a tricky one. :)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

1. Alex Johnston
2. Robert Jennings
3. Bryson Goodwin
4. Braidon Burns
5. Sitiveni Moceidreke
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Angus Crichton
12. John Sutton
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Robbie Rochow
17. Anthony Cherrington

Im confused what good is starting zane over Clark gonna do? Starting Clark makes so much more sense than bringing him off the bench. If anyone should be starting over anyone it should be cook over Farah. Cook seems to get better with the more minutes he plays and Farah seems to get worse. Crichton is okay but his defence is questionable and he is a bit error prone which is the last thing we need on the starting field. For me turner and Sutton are our best starting options and Crichton proved that to me tonight. I would however be very happy for Cherrington to come in for butterfingers. Tom has never been as good as George at their best. If one of the Burgess' are coming in they have to play off the bench they should not be starting. That's why George was so effective against manly and so useless against Newcastle. A big body running at tired defence is always gonna cause trouble. A Jason Clark running at tired defence isn't gonna make too much of a difference. But I love Clark starting. For the minutes he played he played well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Perhaps Fuimaono is a better option.
I doubt it.

With Hunt out Talakai will be there again next week with Burns on the wing.

The Cowboys will target Talakai all night long!!!!!!

Also AR needs to be better defensively. He was poor too and will be targeted next week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah talakai and moceidreke were just completely exposed for their poor defence tonight. Although Reynolds defensive game does need some work as well. Keary really got the better of him for that 3rd try. Alex Johnston seems a bit sloppy covering the goal line as a fullback too but that would just come with more experience I guess. The kid is amazing in offence though.
Correct re AJ in defence.

I must say I can see he's trying very hard.

Rabbits20

Immortal

1. Alex Johnston
2. Robert Jennings
3. Bryson Goodwin
4. Braidon Burns
5. Sitiveni Moceidreke
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Angus Crichton
12. John Sutton
13. Kyle Turner

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Robbie Rochow
17. Anthony Cherrington

Sorry R95 what do you mean Bryson and Goodwin to switch???? Do you mean Jennings and Bryson????

Yes Bryson would be better defensively than Jennings but at times he will get caught out as he is getting older. But yeah Bryson would go well back in his best position. (He has done a good job on the wing so far overall)

R95 I honestly like the look of that team!!!!

But on the right edge with Burns at centre is his defence up to it????

I personally think Madge might take out Moceidreke and give Talakai another go.

I like that Tom isn't in your side and that Tyrrell isn't back in. Surely Cherrington has to be given a go shortly. If Cherrington holds the ball he will go fine!!!!!

If we are going to play Turner at lock though we need to get more than 7-8 hit ups per match. If I was Madge I'd be telling Turner to lift his hit up rate. We need about 12 hit ups a match from Turner in all honesty R95. If Turner can make 90-100 metres that'd be just what we need!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
R95 I would not want Sam playing the whole match at prop though. It's a bit of a waste as the opposition tires.

When a bench guy like Cherrington comes on who we can play at prop it'd be good to move Sam to the back row so we can utilise him rather than just up the middle!!!! He could get offloads out wide too.

It'd give us that extra edge.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks OVP.

I still think you guys are a big chance of finishing about 4th.

For us we have a tough run:

Cowboys and Panthers away.

Then Bulldogs and Broncos.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have to say yes after last night Crichton showed he's getting there but has to improve some things in his game.

Yeah it is better to start Turner but he just needs to make a few more hit ups and a few more metres.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Im confused what good is starting zane over Clark gonna do? Starting Clark makes so much more sense than bringing him off the bench. If anyone should be starting over anyone it should be cook over Farah. Cook seems to get better with the more minutes he plays and Farah seems to get worse. Crichton is okay but his defence is questionable and he is a bit error prone which is the last thing we need on the starting field. For me turner and Sutton are our best starting options and Crichton proved that to me tonight. I would however be very happy for Cherrington to come in for butterfingers. Tom has never been as good as George at their best. If one of the Burgess' are coming in they have to play off the bench they should not be starting. That's why George was so effective against manly and so useless against Newcastle. A big body running at tired defence is always gonna cause trouble. A Jason Clark running at tired defence isn't gonna make too much of a difference. But I love Clark starting. For the minutes he played he played well.
All fair points. Honestly I'm not too fussed as to who plays where so long as that's our 17.

No twins, no Talakai and no Tyrrell and I'll be happy.

And yes, that was supposed to be Goodwin for Jennings lol.

Latest posts