What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks fellas

doyen

Bench
Stats aren't everything but they can certainly give you a glimpse of what is going on and highlight the ability of a player. Cook has made 73 tackles this season and has 5 misses for a tackle efficiency of 86%. He also has 0 try assists from 4 games. Farah has made 111 tackles and 2 misses for a tackle efficiency of 98.2% and has 2 try assists from 4 games. McInnes for us has made 150 tackles and missed 2 for a tackle efficiency of 98.7%. He also has 3 try assists to his name from 3 games. Now this is a small sample size for all involved but for anyone to suggest that McInnes is no good is just plain foolish.

Thanks for that.
In McInnes STS have picked up a great little player who will only get better & better with experience.
It's pretty typical of Sths in recent times to make short-sighted decisions & this is a perfect example!!

southsport

First Grade
@foreverinourshadow
@Rabbits20

Since you guys were so adamant that wobbie was a great signing and much better than McInnes, I paid close attention to him tonight.

What a steaming pile of shit. If you're happy with that calibre of effort and execution from your players, the dark days of the 90's will soon return for your club.

Not me, I thought the Farah signing was dubious from the start, Robbie just wasn't needed and what's worse is that because he is such a high profile player he can't be dropped to norths as that would be tantamount to the coaching staff admitting that they got it wrong.

SBD82

Coach
Farah is better than McInnes. Farah just had an off night. A lot of people judge players based on 1 game - it's crazy!
I'm judging him on his career, and what he brings to a team.

You guys looked like the tigers in the middle last night when wobbie was on. Easy metres gained by the roosters all night.

SBD82

Coach
Stats aren't everything but they can certainly give you a glimpse of what is going on and highlight the ability of a player. Cook has made 73 tackles this season and has 5 misses for a tackle efficiency of 86%. He also has 0 try assists from 4 games. Farah has made 111 tackles and 2 misses for a tackle efficiency of 98.2% and has 2 try assists from 4 games. McInnes for us has made 150 tackles and missed 2 for a tackle efficiency of 98.7%. He also has 3 try assists to his name from 3 games. Now this is a small sample size for all involved but for anyone to suggest that McInnes is no good is just plain foolish.
I know stats are useful. I don't think I explained myself very well.

I watched Robbie's defense closely. He was lazy coming across and didn't get near making or missing a tackle several times.

The majority of his tackles are as second or third man in. Pretty hard to miss with those. Where he is the first man in the tackle the opposition make extra metres.

I'm probably being a bit harsh on cook in an effort to prove my point. He's good, but he's good as an impact dummy half, not the guy you want in the middle at the start of the game when the forward battle is being fought.

callmack1

Staff member
It's not that he is no good it's just that he is no good with our style.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I keep seeing Mcinnes 'didn't suit our style'. What exactly do you mean by that. What is that style you speak of?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Souths are accustomed to a running dummy-half like Issac.
If we are expecting to keep playing a style that suits Isaac Luke then we'll never be successful again. There's no one like Luke. The player that could be like Luke was shipped off to the dragons

southsport

First Grade
If we are expecting to keep playing a style that suits Isaac Luke then we'll never be successful again. There's no one like Luke. The player that could be like Luke was shipped off to the dragons

We looked good with Issac, we looked good with Api, we look good with Cook, we didn't look good with Cam and we don't look good with Farah imo.

DiegoNT

First Grade
It'd be tinteresting to get a split of points scored with farah on the field vs points scored without.
If we need an Isaac Luke style hooker then why do people say cook looks good. They are completely different style hookers. The 'he wasn't the style of hooker we need' argument falls apart there.

southsport

First Grade
It'd be tinteresting to get a split of points scored with farah on the field vs points scored without.
If we need an Isaac Luke style hooker then why do people say cook looks good. They are completely different style hookers. The 'he wasn't the style of hooker we need' argument falls apart there.

I think there is one similarity and that is that Issac and Cook are both quick off the mark running out of dummy-half.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think there is one similarity and that is that Issac and Cook are both quick off the mark running out of dummy-half.
But Issac was never afraid to get tackled, broke tackles and got offloads or at the very least a fast play the ball. He kept momentum going. Cook has yet to do that.

southsport

First Grade
But Issac was never afraid to get tackled, broke tackles and got offloads or at the very least a fast play the ball. He kept momentum going. Cook has yet to do that.

I thought Cook did well in the last 5 games of 2016 and Souths have looked much more likely when he is on the field this year imo.

doyen

Bench

Occasionally Cook gets the opportunity to dash and he does that until he gets close to the defence.

He then tends to stop &,at times,even runs a few steps backwards----like he gets cold feet.

I don't think he's the type of player to start in the fresh,heavy exchanges & go on to play 80 mins!!

I think he would targeted & found wanting.

But,I'd give him a chance to do that--even at the expense of Farah being dropped!! I don't think Madge would consider that option though.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Occasionally Cook gets the opportunity to dash and he does that until he gets close to the defence.

He then tends to stop &,at times,even runs a few steps backwards----like he gets cold feet.

I don't think he's the type of player to start in the fresh,heavy exchanges & go on to play 80 mins!!

I think he would targeted & found wanting.

But,I'd give him a chance to do that--even at the expense of Farah being dropped!! I don't think Madge would consider that option though.
Its fustrating. He actually went for a dart and finally followed through with it last night, and drew a penalty. He then went on to attract a penalty the next set. Got me excited that he may finally be using his running to effect. But then he reverted back to his usual style and it was fustrating. Even when he was put through that gap you knew nothing would happen because he'd panic and not back himself.

alien

Referee
We looked good with Issac, we looked good with Api, we look good with Cook, we didn't look good with Cam and we don't look good with Farah imo.
Farah did good in Round 2 & 3. I think Madge will tell him to kick it a bit less though.

DiegoNT

First Grade
With farah, could the limited game time mean he is trying to over due things with what time he has?
Farah could still be a good hooker, but you have to strip away all that ego, and have him play a complementary role to Reynolds, not control the team from hooker. It's funny, Cam Smith is possibly the best controling hooker of all time, yet he provides cronk with everything he wants and needs