What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Kilkenny

Coach
The Panthers have half a dozen or more young players who are going to be very, very good NRL players in the future. The only problem for us is there is no future for them at our club given our current depth.

If you guys sign Ivan Cleary as your head coach I can guarantee you he will poach the cream of the crop from our youngsters and that is going to benefit you guys big time.

Trust me, you acquire Ivan Cleary you will sign some very, very good kids. It will be our loss and your gain.

Tiger Ted

Bench
no one is going to pay Moses $900K - not even the Knights.
I have no faith that the rugby league illiterate management @ the tigers who have a history of paying massive overs for fraudsters will not continue to make the same monumental blunders that have placed us in the abysmal predicament we r currently in !

If moses gets anywhere near that kind of money I wil deadset stop following this club & do more constructive things with my time.

Tiger05

First Grade
I like the idea of getting some Penrith Juniors. I'd more inclined to work on our depth. Taylor has gutted our club but at least he has left us from next year on basically free of any cap problems. Not long ago though we had quality players in the lower grades. Now we are basically ordinary in all 3 grades and with I assume his grand plan to overpay the big 1 and dud 3. I'm so glad they got rid of that muppet.

Anyway - get some outside backs and some edge backrowers. I'm inclined to let Woods go because we are really strong when it comes to props. I like Woods and I think he is a real good player but I get the impression he is overpaid now and his comments regarding not signing till he knows who the coach will be etc it just doesn't seem worth keeping him. Why spend big money on a position that we have a lot of strength in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clifferd

Coach
I hear we are tabling good offers for chad townsend & Chris McQueen for next year

Of course none of these guys would even consider until we have an actual coach so we need to hurry the f**k up

Das Hassler

Bench
If two or three of the tedious four would commit to the club that brought them through then the chances of getting a top tier coach would be pretty good. Woods needs to keep his trap shut and stop being played by his buddies on tv....they don't give a f--k about his or the club's welfare...they just want more drama and headline quotes and he should be smart enough ( especially as club captain) not to be baited.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
If two or three of the tedious four would commit to the club that brought them through then the chances of getting a top tier coach would be pretty good. Woods needs to keep his trap shut and stop being played by his buddies on tv....they don't give a f--k about his or the club's welfare...they just want more drama and headline quotes and he should be smart enough ( especially as club captain) not to be baited.

Hillbillys not the sharpest tool in the shed ,we all know that...
He gets easily baited and if i had a dollar for every time he says"i just want to play good footy" i would be a very rich man....
I have my own names firor "the big 4"..
Tedesco =Ferrari
Woods= cheaper version of a 4 wheel Drive
Moses and Brooks= Mini Minors

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hillbillys not the sharpest tool in the shed ,we all know that...
He gets easily baited and if i had a dollar for every time he says"i just want to play good footy" i would be a very rich man....
I have my own names firor "the big 4"..
Tedesco =Ferrari
Woods= cheaper version of a 4 wheel Drive
Moses and Brooks= Mini Minors
I wish I had a $ for every time our 6 & 7 have been trampled or made amateurish misreads while pretending to defend.Combine that with a $ for every time these geniuses have made braindead ineffectual kicks & im living in the lap of luxury !

Benji Magic

Juniors
Maybe some agression up front, someone like Fifita or Tapau
Some mongrel and impact off the Bench - Nathan Brown
A good hard running back rower - Bodene Thompson
Forwards with a big motor and great workrate - Chris Heighnington or David Gower
Someone experienced in the halves that has all the skills and isn't a speedbump - Blake Austin
Some speed out wide and can find the tryline - Josh Addo Carr or Marika Korobiete

Imagine the team we could have if we could get players like these to our club.............

roughyedspud

Coach
Go raid super league...

For the price Aaron woods wants a season you could get Alex walmsley from st helens,Liam watts from hull FC,both props..And have money left to try for Warrington hooker daz clark..

Play moneyball

Shredder

Juniors
Id prefer Brookes &Moses both left TBH.

Even on the money they are on now ($600k each from what Ive seen) they are getting paid way too much.

Honestly they arent working out.

Tiger05

First Grade
Maybe some agression up front, someone like Fifita or Tapau
Some mongrel and impact off the Bench - Nathan Brown
A good hard running back rower - Bodene Thompson
Forwards with a big motor and great workrate - Chris Heighnington or David Gower
Someone experienced in the halves that has all the skills and isn't a speedbump - Blake Austin
Some speed out wide and can find the tryline - Josh Addo Carr or Marika Korobiete

Imagine the team we could have if we could get players like these to our club.............

This is what gets me. Everyone thinks we can't get players or that we are such a dud club. If we just make good decisions we will be good for a long time.

In stating that to me it all comes down to dollars. I'm starting to think we should get rid of Woods for instance because I think he wants overs. As soon as a player wants overs I reckon they should go.

I look at JAC, Austin and Koro on that list. Those guys would have come cheap. We lost them to keep players that haven't performed.

I want to keep all 4 players who are supposedly our big 4 but on fair money. They seem to be playing games with us so they can all go. The club would be better off without overpaid prima donnas.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This is what gets me. Everyone thinks we can't get players or that we are such a dud club. If we just make good decisions we will be good for a long time.

In stating that to me it all comes down to dollars. I'm starting to think we should get rid of Woods for instance because I think he wants overs. As soon as a player wants overs I reckon they should go.

I look at JAC, Austin and Koro on that list. Those guys would have come cheap. We lost them to keep players that haven't performed.

I want to keep all 4 players who are supposedly our big 4 but on fair money. They seem to be playing games with us so they can all go. The club would be better off without overpaid prima donnas.
The only one I really care about is Teddy.He is the only 1 out of the 4 who is irreplaceable in the short term.

Obviously Woods is worth keeping but on realistic money.However he is replaceable.

The other 2 r insignificant !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well jack bird and wade Graham are no gos now

why can't we make signing announcements
In the short term we have Buckleys of attracting quality players from the NRL who will enhance our team.

We need to b diligently exploring the super league in the hope we can find & attract the next Gareth Ellis.Obviously if we end up signing Cleary then we may be able to attract some quality from penriths lower grades .

Tiger05

First Grade
Well jack bird and wade Graham are no gos now

why can't we make signing announcements

This is why I think we need to let some of these guys go. They appear to not want to sign. To me it's basically - really sorry that you don't want to play here but we'll go and get someone else.

I don't want guys here that don't want to be here.

Das Hassler

Bench
Agree 100%....The big money is guaranteed before they run out but it's the desire that pushes Thurston...Cronk &Co to be who they are...i hope any offers to the guys holding out are withdrawn at least untill after the coach is signed ...having said that I'd still offer Tedesco what he's worth and the long term captaincy ...the other 3 should take their charm somewhere else

Tiger05

First Grade
How good would it be to sign Tedesco, replace Woods as captain and offer the 3 of them fair wages and they all have to stay because it's the most they can get.

Remember Benji wanting more money. He didn't get it anywhere.

The only problem with Tedesco is that he still hasn't signed. If he had signed up now I think he should be captain. I think if he is another one that wants to play games he should go as well and I rate him as one of the few marquee players in the whole comp.

Latest posts