What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be NSW Origin captain in 2017?

Valheru

Coach
Cordner actually speaks quite well in any press conference I have seen, just because he looks like he has a double figure IQ, it doesn't mean he does.

Besides, having Cordner as captain will really help to ease Pearce's transition back in to origin ;)

stormbati

Bench
I like Woods. Wasn't a big fan of him at all until recently. Probably the only player in the team who will have no problems telling a player to pull his head in.
Not sure Cordner demands that respect and Moylan is probably a few years off the task imo.

Hawkins

Juniors
One of the reasons why Freddy was a great captain too, was the fact he would get in a ref's face and question every single decision that went against us. Cam Smith does the same. He got more penalties for us than any other captain that I could think of, as it would clearly intimidate the referee.

I miss Freddy as a player certainly, but his value as a captain was even greater imo. Legend :D.

Good sounds settled, keep the dirtbag sharks players out of rep footy and bring back Freddie.

Give it to Robbie, the most humble, selfless, non ambitious player in the game.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
the sooner moylan switches to 6 the better, long term it should be him.
this year if moylan can't start it will be farah or cordner.

TheFrog

Coach
Given that the captain would be expected to hold that position for a number of years, especially if its a younger bloke, maybe Farah will get it, to avoid having to make a long term commitment. Merrin is another with a case, although he's not a captain or co-captain, he's still a leader. He could have been made a co-captain but it appears Hook doesn't subscribe to that shite. Woods I think has lost a bit of ground following recent events at the Tigers.

Given that the captain would be expected to hold that position for a number of years, especially if its a younger bloke, maybe Farah will get it, to avoid having to make a long term commitment. Merrin is another with a case, although he's not a captain or co-captain, he's still a leader. He could have been made a co-captain but it appears Hook doesn't subscribe to that shite. Woods I think has lost a bit of ground following recent events at the Tigers.
Maloney then Jake Turbo is the answer

myrrh ken

First Grade
James roberts would be good. We need more mongrel, learn how to cop a headlock, and return to heavy drinking

Latest posts