What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If i had to be critical it seems like he coaches us to grind for "big" matches. When we just arent a grinding footy team. Too many loose maniacs in the side. Bj, rapana and paulo look to promote the football at almost any cost.

Id rather he let us play our natural game. Sure sometimes we will play really stupid but we can only challenge for the comp playing a power footy game and using the ball. We wont wrestle our way to the top imo.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Loose maniacs, I like it.

I've said it in game threads but it looks like these blokes don't train together through the week.

Austin just seems to do his own thing and no one has got a clue when, where or what he's going to kick.
Sezer just runs around like a blind man popping passes willy nilly.
Then there's the maniacs, Jack, Rapana, BJ, Paulo, Sia who can be a million bucks or literally laughable.
Then there's a bloke like boyd who you want to be a maniac but has turned into a placid workhorse who only plays 35 minutes a game while Clay Priest gets pummelled by halfbacks.

We might make the 8.

Life's Good

Coach
Loose maniacs, I like it.

I've said it in game threads but it looks like these blokes don't train together through the week.

Austin just seems to do his own thing and no one has got a clue when, where or what he's going to kick.
Sezer just runs around like a blind man popping passes willy nilly.
Then there's the maniacs, Jack, Rapana, BJ, Paulo, Sia who can be a million bucks or literally laughable.
Then there's a bloke like boyd who you want to be a maniac but has turned into a placid workhorse who only plays 35 minutes a game while Clay Priest gets pummelled by halfbacks.

We might make the 8.
You're being too harsh. Plenty of upside will see you make the 8 for sure.

Sphagnum

Coach
He's taken a genuine top 4 team and made them middle of the pack or worse. They don't play like a team at all which is pretty much the Ricky polish.

some11

Referee
Who bumped this lol.

They will be top four again this year, tough start to the year and either team was going to be 1-3 after last night.

Don't know what Ricky said to Rapana though, maybe "don't do a Ben Hunt".

Red Bear

Referee
He's really got Canberra to love the Raiders again which is a good achievement post-Carney/Dugan eras.

He came and spoke at my work last year, though I didn't get a chance to get to it, from all reports he was quite good.

He's still angry, but he also seems more content in Canberra than the 5 years or so previous, and it seems to reflect in the side he has built.

legend

Coach
The only thing that can beat Canberra is Canberra....and maybe Melbourne. I am confident we can beat any other team in the comp. Like someone else said, we hold the ball, we win the comp.

Latest posts