What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the club afford to retain SKD and Guerra?

SKD's negatives, with his frequent dropsy, are starting to outweigh his positives. The club has rising talent in Joey Manu.

Guerra is a penalty machine who almost never passes the ball. We have the beast Taukiaho to come back, and when he does Guerra must go to Wyong.

Those two players could be the difference between winning and losing the Grand Final this year.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Guerra doesn't get a start in my 17 when everyone is fit and back on deck. I'd be more than happy if the club didn't offer him another contract. We are stacked in the forwards that even Kane Evans will struggle to get in the 17 IMO

SKD is a tough one, he just keeps making stupid errors but you can't fault his effort in bringing the ball out of our red zone. Makes plenty of metres for us. Don't think he'll ever cut out the drops unfortunately.

Valheru

Coach
Guerra does need to go. He as been absolute dud since October 2013.

SKD is another story, he is just doing what he has been doing the whole time he has been at the club, rocks and diamonds. Just have to hope that when it matters it is diamonds ala late 2013

Last edited:

Headless Chook

Juniors
You would think they'll move Guerra on after his contract expires at the end of this year. He's pushing 30 as it is and just seems to go through the motions now.

As for SKD he has been and still is very good for us. I'd like to see him given another year or two at the club even if it means he's gunna stuff things up on the field from time to time.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
You would imagine if SKD stays it will be for a lot less coin. Manu still has a lot to learn re the defensive side of things.

Guerra cannot leave soon enough for mine.

adamkungl

Immortal
Guerra has failed to show any improvement while everyone else has buckled down and performed since last years disaster.
He doesn't have long left to prove his worth.

Looks to me like he'll be moved on to a cushy gig as South Sydney captain.

SKD has had a shaky start too. But I thought he was good in a poor side last year. Hopefully he turns it around, he's capable of big things when switched on. If he doesn't though.. he'll be fighting for his spot

Zadar

Juniors
Time for SKD to go, diamonds hasn't showed himself for some time, and making meters from dummy half is something the next player can do, maybe not as well, but no the be all and end all.
Joey Manu needs to learn how to tackle before he is a constant in 1st grade. But if kenny could get away with it for 10years....

TheFrog

Coach
I thought Guerra played quite well against us. Nothing like the beast he was in '13-14 though.

Mitchd86

Juniors
I could see Guerra getting moved along once Tauk comes back to free up cal space. Possible June 30 trade

Guerra hasn't been the same since 2014, he's been less shit this year but still not great.

He should go as he'd be on decent coin.

SKD has had his worst year since 2013 so far but is a champion player who was our best last year. Joey Manu hasn't shown much to say he could handle the week to week grind of the NRL. Replacing him wouldn't be as easy as replacing Guerra.

Zadar

Juniors
Last night I realised we can't give a new contract to SKD or Fergo. Especially if Tedesco is coming.

I honestly don't know what Trent is thinking with SKD, how he keeps getting picked week in is mind boggling, we may not have the greatest replacement, but surely there is somebody in the squad who can be coached to just hold on to the ball without passing.

I'd rather see aubo play centre, push latrell to the wing, and bring in another forward to take aubo's spot.

Kenny dowell is killing my love of watching the chooks play.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
SKD is on life support. The bloke is too dumb for words. Don't pass the ball you dopey merkin

The fact he can't even execute a pass 10-15m to Gordon is shocking let alone the fact that he shouldn't even be attempting it in the first place.

Fergo's defensive effort for that last try as well was deadset under 12's like. He basically run up in a half circle ball watching.

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
I honestly don't know what Trent is thinking with SKD, how he keeps getting picked week in is mind boggling, we may not have the greatest replacement, but surely there is somebody in the squad who can be coached to just hold on to the ball without passing.

I'd rather see aubo play centre, push latrell to the wing, and bring in another forward to take aubo's spot.

Kenny dowell is killing my love of watching the chooks play.

Until last night I was still of the firm belief that his good outweighs the bad. Now it's line ball.

Having said that, there is no other option. Manu is worse in defence than even Fergo.

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
The fact he can't even execute a pass 10-15m to Gordon is shocking let alone the fact that he shouldn't even be attempting it in the first place.

Fergo's defensive effort for that last try as well was deadset under 12's like. He basically run up in a half circle ball watching.

He is the worst defensive centre I have ever seen. Actually, the worse defensive player I have seen.

Latest posts