What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 vs Sharks Game Day Thread

EelsFan05

Bench
Woeful all round performance.

Wonder why the game plan never deviated from bombing to the wing when one wasn't spilled the whole game.

Djay

Juniors
Not sure what it is but something is missing in attack and defence.

Have zero confidence as opposed to this time last year. IMO Gutherson has been our best player all year, whether he is a 5/8 or not is questionable, he busted them in the first half running out wide as a centre. His not our problem because defensively his awesome and his a great runner, but as a creator I am not sure he is the answer.

In defence I feel we were a much better unit last year as opposed to now, teams know we play compressed so they spread it early to catch us out, then run straight back up the middle once they've pulled us so far wide.

Dropping the ball as much as we did and forcing passes and offloads needlessly doesn't help, I would be interested to see how we fair if we removed the errors from our game but in saying that in round 1 and 2 yes we won but there were glitches. Conceding easy tries, struggling to score points besides the Dragons game.

I feel like we are 1 or 2 players short of what we want and need and another thing I have noticed is that we do not have enough 80 minute players in our forward pack, Brown and Vave are bench players and everyone who starts cannot play 80.

We miss punch up the middle, in the hooking spot I feel we have issues and whether we need a more creative half or not are all big questions that will need to be answered at some stage.

Bazal

Post Whore
Brown needs to start ASAP IMO. He's consistently making loads of metres, and importantly has been good in defence. Matagi is explosive and will do as well or better off the bench, but Brown is the better all round prop.

I'd probably have Gower over Fritchard too. Again, in the opening stages I just think he's a more reliable defender.

You've gotta set the tone early and we didn't do that defensively tonight

Chipmunk

Coach

Have zero confidence as opposed to this time last year. IMO Gutherson has been our best player all year, whether he is a 5/8 or not is questionable, he busted them in the first half running out wide as a centre. His not our problem because defensively his awesome and his a great runner, but as a creator I am not sure he is the answer.

In defence I feel we were a much better unit last year as opposed to now, teams know we play compressed so they spread it early to catch us out, then run straight back up the middle once they've pulled us so far wide.

Dropping the ball as much as we did and forcing passes and offloads needlessly doesn't help, I would be interested to see how we fair if we removed the errors from our game but in saying that in round 1 and 2 yes we won but there were glitches. Conceding easy tries, struggling to score points besides the Dragons game.

I feel like we are 1 or 2 players short of what we want and need and another thing I have noticed is that we do not have enough 80 minute players in our forward pack, Brown and Vave are bench players and everyone who starts cannot play 80.

We miss punch up the middle, in the hooking spot I feel we have issues and whether we need a more creative half or not are all big questions that will need to be answered at some stage.

I doubt I could disagree with any of that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Excellent post, I thought we were average against Manly and against the Dragons played in patches.

Taka is olaying poorly so far this season and Kaysa had a shocker tonight.
Do you drop Taka for Ava? Do you drop anyone of just hope they can hold the ball next week against th raiders and be competitive?
If we drop the ball like we did tonight next week we will 2 and 3 after winning our first 2. We can expect to make he 8 and trouble top 4 teams playing like we did tonight.

Bazal

Post Whore
Taka is olaying poorly so far this season and Kaysa had a shocker tonight.
Do you drop Taka for Ava? Do you drop anyone of just hope they can hold the ball next week against th raiders and be competitive?
If we drop the ball like we did tonight next week we will 2 and 3 after winning our first 2. We can expect to make he 8 and trouble top 4 teams playing like we did tonight.

Taka has been awful, honestly. We've got a few options in the backline

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Kaysa was strong in defence. Taka is Kaka and has been all season. A massive liability in defence. I don't think you can apply the same savoury marinade to both players.

Disappointing game. We are at our best when we are fast, urgent and more importantly simple in attack. For the most part this evening we were neither of those three.

Bazal

Post Whore
Kaysa missed 13% of the tackles he attempted. Sorry but I can't agree he was strong in defence despite his numbers. That's pretty poor.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Kaysa missed 13% of the tackles he attempted. Sorry but I can't agree he was strong in defence despite his numbers. That's pretty poor.
87% of tackles is an absolute merkin load more than Knobloaf was happy to settle for.