What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: India v Australia at Dharamsala on Mar 25-29, 2017

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
oh ffs, when has Maxwell ever spun the ball

he got 2 overs for a reason, he is a shit bowler and not all all rounders asshole

Das Gupta

Juniors
still a better all-rounder than MMarsh

Better off having Starc as an all-rounder than little MM.

Starc 24.81 Avg nine 50's top score 99

Little MM 21.74 avg two 50's top score 87

Perfect stats for a number 8 not a batsmen at 6.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Will all be about hometown Davey though

Yeah. He will carry on like he did after his failure of a series against Sri Lanka last year. Come home lick the Maroubra mattress dust himself off. Then bludgeon the poms attack on flat tracks and declare how much he has learnt and how much his game has developed after his form slump in India.

A 3rd AB medal beckons.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Our pace bowlers have been excellent too.

Nah Brah,Haze and Starc actually lost us this series9Along with all players not named Smith) with disgraceful bowling in the 2nd test,We took a first innings lead on a great bowling deck but then Hazle and Starc spayed that lead away in one session of woeful bowling.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
One thing I've taken out of this series is that if Hazlewood, Starc and Cummins are fit I won't be enjoying this years Ashes.

England are going to cop a 2013 Johnsonesque arse raping from 3 fast bowlers.

I feel like I should report what will happen to the Pre Crime Unit because we'll probably lose 5 nil.

And worst of all that overrated hack Hometown Davey will probably score 3 hundreds and be hailed as a national hero. And each time he'll manage to lift those tiny stump legs 3 feet off the ground by jumping in celebration.

Poms already faced Haze and Starc in England on more bowler friendly pitches and beat them easily,not sure why they would fear them out here on our flatter pitches.

Poms got dis

JJ

Immortal
Poms already faced Haze and Starc in England on more bowler friendly pitches and beat them easily,not sure why they would fear them out here on our flatter pitches.

Poms got dis

I don't think they fear them - they're just better on flat decks than the Poms - and of course Smith will have support as Davey will come out of hibernation hungry for quick runs, and Handscomb's unusual approach can work, Khawaja is also heroic on flat decks

vvvrulz

Coach
The worst part about this chase is if Australia grab 5-6 wickets now and know for sure they bombed 50 very gettable runs and a potential series win

Eelectrica

Referee
Stats tell an interesting story.
Smith 499 runs for the series and leading run scorer. Simply amazing, just needed support from the senior batsmen.

Renshaw 232 for the series. Not too shabby given the selectors weren't even going to pick him. A shame he saved his worst for last, but it happens. Still our second leading run scorer for the series. Gotta think a bright future awaits.

Handscomb, the other international debutant 198. Another one who can only get better after this.

Wade: 196. Yep the very same wade needed to be moved up the order it seems, as a batsman given how the rest of the batsmen went.

Warner 193. Our superstar. If India should leave Jedaja at home, perhaps Warner should be left at home too.

Maxwell 159 from two games. What could have been had Mitch Marsh been sent home earlier for breaking his fingernail or whatever the injury was... or not been selected at all.

Sean Marsh 153. Played all 4 games and was outscored for the series by Maxwell. Another player who need not hurry back after breaking his toenail or whatever it was.

Khawaja: Had a nice trip, hope he got to see the sights whilst over there. Guess he didn't bat well enough in the nets.

Last edited:
Was supposed to be 0-4.

Until today, it was still 1-1. We go down 1-2.

This touring squad are in some esteemed company. Had they drawn the series or won it, then it have been a miracle when you look at the history of Australian test teams in India.

I'm bitterly disappointed because I thought we could have these merkins. In the end, I think you could see the Aussies were worn down and inexperienced. But it'll do them good for four years time hopefully.

Losing Starc didn't help. But we got back Cummins. An attack of Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood is pretty good. Strengthen the batting and we're sitting pretty.

Well done India. Played some good cricket.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
4 test series suck, this was an excellent series and more would have been nice

I dont mind their tracks, better than the highways we play on, the problem is is suits their attack with 3 spinners they are hard to beat on these turners

TheParraboy

Staff member
The best news is when we next tour there the side won't have changed too much.

a) No Marsh's would help
b) Hopefully another couple of middle order bats that genuinely play spin well.
c) Possibly another keeper, but Wade wasn't that bad this series.

What have we learnt

a) Renshaw will be something top quality. 20 years old has shown he can score runs on turning tracks with a great temperament.
b) Handcomb is something to work with- he would be disappointed he didn't make that really big score.
c) Swepson learning over there- will be invaluable over the next couple of seasons.
d) Warner is awful overseas an should never have been selected.
e0 Smith needs to work on his captaincy, only giving Maxwell 5 overs in 2 tests where India were scoring big is ridiculous. Change it up, try something.

good post Locky

jargan83

Coach
I'm happy that the Aussie's performed well above expectation, most including myself expected it to be one way traffic and a probable 4-0 series score. To be in the running at the start of day 3 of the final test in the series was amazing.

I also can't help think it was a massive opportunity missed, 1/150 odd in the first innings, having a lead in the 2nd Test, probably should have scored more than 450 in the 3rd Test.

This series was almost Steve Smith vs India and with some better selections (Both Marshes for example) we could have pulled it off.

Handscombe and Renshaw will be better for the experience playing those conditions and I'd say Maxwell will get a chance at the number 6 spot, hopefully we can get past the selectors hard on for an all rounder just for the sake of having one. Wade needs to be shot but I'm sure we will be hearing "nice Garry" come the Ashes.

Bazal

Post Whore
The biggest mystery of this series is how the f**k did we win game 1 by 333 runs?

bab3bad676cb8034c4fff9144d450bf7

Latest posts