What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg Appointed NRL CEO

Who Should Be The Next NRL CEO

• Todd Greenberg

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Shane Richardson

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Phil Gould

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • John Grant

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Andrew Demetriou

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • John Quayle

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Somebody Else.....Post Who

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you check out the 2016 annual report you will se the admin costs of the nrl have remained pretty consistent at 5-6%, inc post smith. Seems this cutting costs by sacking high paid managers is a bit of a furphy, unless they have given themselves a big pay rise with the money saved?

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
$7 mil nrl admin spend increase from 2012-2016. That contributed to a $66mil non-broadcast increase. That can't be too bad.

For me the jury is still out on Greenberg but the nrl management team would be stupid to not use Gurr, Campbell and others to help improve the nrls bottom line.

axl rose

Bench
According to Phil Gould on twitter Bernie Gurr was interested in a commissioner role but was told that his knowledge of rugby league was not contemporary enough. Laughable.

adamkungl

Immortal
Greenbergs achievements are listed here:

As for Smith, I maintain he was the right man to run the business. But not the game. People seem to forget there's a difference - the NRL or ARLC are not the game. The game is the thing the players are doing on some grass between 2 goalposts every weekend.
Smith making money decisions and his Head of Football effectively pushing the game in the right direction would have got the results we needed.
Alas, his Head of Football was Greenberg.

I just caught Mr Gurr on Sterlo.

Shut up and take my money.

Would be refreshing change to have a man like him in charge.

Interesting how he was honest about his footballing abilities resulting in 5 first grade games but talks about how much he loved and loves the game.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I laugh at the 'knowledge not sufficient of the contemporary game' reason for him not getting the job.

They appointed Greenberg & he is a jew - & jews aren't good at sports.

That's not racist - it's scientific fact.

adamkungl

Immortal
No chance Gurr is going to be appointed. He is too radical vs the establishment.

They will want someone who will maintain the status quo, with minor tweaks to TPA's.

Has vision, hasn't been in the established media favourites club for years, no chance.

You f**king watch Raelene Castle will be the next NRL CEO

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The fact that Greenberg is a f**king scumbag doesn't make Smiths time iin charge any better, Smith was a moron. All these extra appointments and increased operating expenses at NRLHQ were questioned by the clubs, nothing changed except we had a lot more money to spend so Dave did his best to spend it. Hired a bunch of people and the quality or quantity of the product didn't change, in fact you can argue the quality got worse with all the ridiculous rule changes. Smith got played by Shane Richardson ffs, he was an idiot. This muppet head of the ARLC needs to go, he has given us two complete duds so far.

Thats the other thing that made me like DSmith; he didnt seem to care all that much about the NRL....

He was announcing programs and partnerships every few weeks for the junior level and international comps, but all the fans ever worried about was "the wasnt a foward pass, that was clearly a penalty!!"

The on-field product is as good as it has ever been (and that wasnt even his job). The presentation was shit, but that was C9.

It looks like you ate up NewsLtds campaign against him though.....

As for Smith, I maintain he was the right man to run the business. But not the game. People seem to forget there's a difference - the NRL or ARLC are not the game. The game is the thing the players are doing on some grass between 2 goalposts every weekend.
Smith making money decisions and his Head of Football effectively pushing the game in the right direction would have got the results we needed.
Alas, his Head of Football was Greenberg.

Yeh, this pretty much sums it up...

Aside from the punch and shouldercharge rules (which, given the whole concussion lawsuit thing, i think he has been vindicated for), DSmith never seemed to have much to do with the on-field product.

I still find it ridiculous that he brought in Toddles as head of football given that is where you would want the actual football experience

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I just caught Mr Gurr on Sterlo.

Shut up and take my money.

Would be refreshing change to have a man like him in charge.

Interesting how he was honest about his footballing abilities resulting in 5 first grade games but talks about how much he loved and loves the game

"But he's not a RL man!!!!! He doesnt understand the game....."

Its almost as if the ability to simulate car crashes with your head and body doesnt make someone a good businessman...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Just heard a snippet of Greenberg on League Live.

Lord f**king help us.

They were asking him about the future of women's league and when the league will look to replicate the AFLs success.

In response he waffled on along the lines of "we need to know what it will look like. Will it involve NRL clubs?"

It was at this point I shouted "isn't that your f**king job you stupid merkin?!"

And credit to Jess Yates. Normally I just block out her noise and stare at her magnificent melons but she retorted "shouldn't you already know all that?"

Yes, Todd! Yes you f**king should! What the hell do you do all day? And why the f**k does it seem to take a 5-year plan for you and your admin to implement an idea?

Women's league is a great idea and should be up and running next year. But this dullard is still asking rhetorical questions as to how it'll look, rather than actually putting a plan in place.

Useless, insufferable turd!

Latest posts