What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kit clashing

Smack

Coach
I wonder how long until the NRL steps in and makes teams wear certain kits for home/away games. Have a look at the dogs broncs game, majority white. Dark blue and maroon.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Should always be main jersey and clash jersey.

This two jersey shit is pure 'marketing' and is pointless..

No more so than last year.. dragons at home, wearing their 'alternate' red jersey against the warriors in black..

Never realised the dragons white jersey would clash so badly with black that they'd need to wear red.

And tonight was an abomination.. even the players were confused at the end

wibble

Bench

This two jersey shit is pure 'marketing' and is pointless.. ...

...And tonight was an abomination.. even the players were confused at the end

I'll say. Kahu especially so....

Panther91-03

Juniors

This two jersey shit is pure 'marketing' and is pointless..

No more so than last year.. dragons at home, wearing their 'alternate' red jersey against the warriors in black..

Never realised the dragons white jersey would clash so badly with black that they'd need to wear red

Dragons were playing in their marvel superhero jersey

beave

Coach
I hate it when 2 Kitts look similar

images

big hit!

Bench
I f**king hate the term kit.

what would you prefer?

either way, last night was another f**king stupid example of how backward the NRL and clubs can be. It's not an uncommon situation in the AFL too. Must be an Oz thing. Brisbane's main kit/strip/uniform/outfit would've been appropriate last night, but because they're not playing in Brisbane they use (and the NRL approve) something else that makes the two teams look similar.

grouch

First Grade
This explains why Milford was trying to knock Thaiday out of the way on the way to that try

siv

First Grade
I hate the concept of away strips

Originally everyone had one strip that didnt clash

All traditional clubs ie pre 1995

Even original Cowboys is fine

Its since then when clubs stopped trying to have a unique look that issues occurred

NRL should just enforce that a club has unique look and get rid of away jersies

Eg Penrith v Warriors v Wests shouldn't have a all black look - this a blight on the game

No issue for a summer or 9s jersey

Or a special event or heritage jersey

But each clubs original jersey bar Parramatta and Auckland were unique

Parramatta 1986 jersey was unique

Latest posts