What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys cannot make Top 4

isaiah

Bench
Even though they won tonight, they will lose some without Matt Scott, especially at origin time. Their depth is weaker this year. Even this early in the year, I believe there are only 5 fighting for the top 4 and another 5 a chance of a top 8 finish. I am writing off souths, Knights, warriors, tigers (who have the talent but the big 4 egos will tear the team apart), bulldogs, and Parra (way too dependant on c.norman).

beave

Coach
We've played like horseshit mostly this season, but are 4 from 5.

Wait til we actually start playing decent eh?

Danish

Referee
Would be interested to know who you think out of those outside of the top 4 right now is going to replace them?

Panthers could get in there, and possibly the Raiders if they ever get their shit together but I would see us and Manly making way for them and the Storm/Cowboys staying in.

Storm vs cows/panthers/raiders would be my early pick for the GF

OVP

Coach
Even though they won tonight, they will lose some without Matt Scott, especially at origin time. Their depth is weaker this year. Even this early in the year, I believe there are only 5 fighting for the top 4 and another 5 a chance of a top 8 finish. I am writing off souths, Knights, warriors, tigers (who have the talent but the big 4 egos will tear the team apart), bulldogs, and Parra (way too dependant on c.norman).

82954-thank-you-gif-Phil-Dunphy-thum-UQ0F.gif

Wigan cowboy

Juniors
Cowboys are looking fantastic but need to tighten up on defense

Melbourne have won the big games so far and manly look surprise package with amazing defensive displays but only round 4

Cowboys will win though IMO

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Well I may as well shut up shop now and wait til next season
Meanwhile over at Souths forum we have 2 perennial whingers already put a line through us for 2017/18.. depending on the result v panthers next week, 2019 could be all but done too

isaiah

Bench
Would be interested to know who you think out of those outside of the top 4 right now is going to replace them?

Panthers could get in there, and possibly the Raiders if they ever get their shit together but I would see us and Manly making way for them and the Storm/Cowboys staying in.

Storm vs cows/panthers/raiders would be my early pick for the GF
The five I think are in the mix for the top 4 are melb, bris, canb, penr, and Cron. Penrith are more chance than cows imo because of Tamou moving clubs and the Panthers Cubs maturing

Canard

Immortal
The five I think are in the mix for the top 4 are melb, bris, canb, penr, and Cron. Penrith are more chance than cows imo because of Tamou moving clubs and the Panthers Cubs maturing

Cubs? Wouldn't it be kittens?

dogz08

First Grade
brisbane look worse than the cowboys

Clifferd

Coach

Swap Bris for cows and you're right

Charlie124

First Grade
Cows looked a heap better with Coote playing
Agreed. He looks to have regained his confidence after a lukewarm start to the season. As flashy as Ponga's highlights package is, Coote is a far more complete player and compliments our halves.

Nightward

Juniors
I wouldn't be so hasty to put the Broncos in the top four.

Lack of size in the forwards, Hunt's mental state, and bringing in Marshall for the season were all signs for concern before the first game. The results so far indicate that while they may squeak into the top eight they're only going to be week one cannon fodder for the better teams.

beave

Coach
Tamou is a negative, you'll find out in due time.

So much this. And has nothing to do with him moving on to another club either, he is the modern day Dane Carlaw. He was half decent in 2012 and showed sweet FA after it. Only got an origin gig because Ricky was bribing the pants off him to come down to Parra. If he used his size for a change instead of turning his body when making a hit up he would be awesome, he can't rely on hiding behind the hit ups of Lolo and Thumper Scott these days.

Latest posts