What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vaughn

nick87

Coach
Ricky Stuart literally is the gift that keeps on giving. Ridiculous he still has a coaching career.
Agreed. He coached the Raiders to a prelim final year, which ended the longest active streak in the NRL. He's attracted free agent players that were previously unavailable to a market like canberra

Wait, What?
Classic parra troll, no idea about what was really wrong with their club... hot tip, might be about your absolutely embarrassing administration that continues to dog your club well after Stuart left it.

cb4

First Grade
Agreed. He coached the Raiders to a prelim final year, which ended the longest active streak in the NRL. He's attracted free agent players that were previously unavailable to a market like canberra

Wait, What?
Classic parra troll, no idea about what was really wrong with their club... hot tip, might be about your absolutely embarrassing administration that continues to dog your club well after Stuart left it.

Really.
You realise I'm a Sharks fan?

nick87

Coach
Had no idea. assumed you were a butthurt fan from a team previously coached by Stuart. Wrong team, right logic.
The point holds up, you like Parra fans want to blame Stuart for results at your club but embarrassing administration was again at the root of the Sharks problems in his days.

cb4

First Grade
You had no idea? Jack Bird and Val Holmes avatar didn't give it away? I can see what I'm dealing with here.

I don't blame Stuart. When have I blamed him? We had an awful squad and as a bad coach he couldn't make it better. Eventually he ran out of ideas.
Seems that happens everywhere he goes.

Its all good though. We got Flanno when he left. He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

nick87

Coach
A poster bitching about Stuart with horrible pixelated photo of players in bright yellow? Yeah I dunno why I thought you were a para fan, haha

skeepe

Immortal
Boyd is better than Vaughan, that's not in dispute.

Also, Vaughan is playing no better than he ever did for the Raiders. With us, he was lucky to represent Country. Now he's at a glamour club, he's talked up for Origin.

Proof that rep jumpers, well NSW ones at least, do depend on the club you play for.

nick87

Coach
Oh there is plenty of dispute in that.
Vaughan was our best middle third prop last year, and one of the VERY best in the game. He's always been better albeit different to Boyd, and good chance he always will be.
Which is not to say Boyd is shit, he's f**king awesome. But Vaughan has IMO been one of the best 4-5 front rowers in the game for years.

Vaughan is a stud and it's a shame it ended so badly for him here.

Paullyboy

Coach
You had no idea? Jack Bird and Val Holmes avatar didn't give it away? I can see what I'm dealing with here.

I'm not the person you were debating with, but if you think your avatar is easily identifiable then you're deluded. I also thought you were a Parra fan until I looked really closely and tried to decipher the sponsor, the faces could be anyone.

And your attitude has Parra fan written all over it.

Paullyboy

Coach
As for the subject at hand - I'd give lefty to have kept Vaughan. I was gutted he left. The one time I met him (in a pub in America of all places) he was a really good bloke who genuinely seemed to be a fan of the club - which made him even more likable.

Hawkins

Juniors
I'm not the person you were debating with, but if you think your avatar is easily identifiable then you're deluded. I also thought you were a Parra fan until I looked really closely and tried to decipher the sponsor, the faces could be anyone.

And your attitude has Parra fan written all over it.

Totally off topic but I though he played with Parra as well.

Raiders have had coaches running shit in NSW for 10 years and QLD 12 years. We've certainly received zero favours at the selection table during that time.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
from a stats perspective there's absolute zero doubt vaughn at dragons is a better player than vaughn at raiders....

but i agree no club would have prioritised him over boyd and paulo just signed.

lesson is raiders probably should have back themselves and not gone after paulo.