What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/2017 NBA Season

T-Boon

Coach
This mvp race is going down to the wire, any 4 of Westbrook, Harden, Leonard or Lebron could get it.
I'd like to see Leonard get the award but I guess I'd give my vote to Westbrook for averaging a triple double and carrying an ordinary team.

Also Pierce and Wall are not far off the pace either. But I really think Westbrook has it in the bag.

Barkley

Bench
Jebaz. My mistake. I am talking Isaiah Thomas. Very similar, err...personalities.

Lol...I suspected you were thinking of Thomas. He is having a great year, not good enough to be MVP but he is making people take note.

isaiah

Bench
As a jazz fan I am looking forward to the playoffs. Second Round should be us v gs. We match up pretty well since Bogut left, imo.

Iafeta

Referee
Westbrook breaks the big O's record for triple doubles. Surely this lad, who I still can't believe did not start the All Star Game, is a great shot at the MVP title. It was supposed to be all doom and gloom since Benedict Durant left, but Westbrook has steadied the ship. Loved the 40' buzzer beater to win the game too. Outstanding from Westbrook, yet again.

edabomb

First Grade
I still prefer Harden.

I can't name one player on OKC that has improved noticeably this season. Harden has maximised, and boosted up his teammates in a way Westbrook hasn't IMO. But no complaints either way, the energy Westbrook has is unbelievable.

shaggs

Coach
Finals started today.
Cavs vs pacers currently into the 3rd, then
Bucks vs raptors
Grizzlies vs spurs
Jazz vs clippers

isaiah

Bench
As a jazz fan I am looking forward to the playoffs. Second Round should be us v gs. We match up pretty well since Bogut left, imo.
Wonderful away win for Utah. How long will it be until Ingles makes an all defensive team? Lots of guards and small forwards have scored less against him.

T-Boon

Coach
Lebron got 4 steals and 4 blocks today. He always goes up at least one other level in defence at this time of year.

shaggs

Coach
Top seed in the east, down 0-2. Going to be tough from here if the bulls can get a win at home.

T-Boon

Coach
And the Celtics haven't won in Chicago since late 2014. It could be a clean sweep for of the 1st seed.

Its pretty tough given Isaiah Thomas is understandably not 100% switched on. Poor bastard grieving plus carrying the towns expectations.

shaggs

Coach
LeBron doing LeBron things.
Cavs down by 25 at half time. Pacers on fire.

Cavs win by 5. LBJ finishes with 41/13/12. No help from Kyrie who was icy all game.

Bucks must have done a great defensive job on the raptors to win easily.

HowHigh

Coach
Happy to come out of that series in 6, Memphis played really well.
How good was Kawhi though..

Barkley

Bench
Kawhi has been assaulting the Grizzlies in the 4th quarter this series. He really has stepped it up in closing games out.

I don't know what comparison to draw to him. Maybe a humble, caring, likeable Kobe Bryant?

Valheru

Coach
Celtics got passed the Wizards in game 1 after starting the game on the wrong side of a 16-0 run.

Meanwhile the Clippers dished their usual playoffs rubbish and lost to the Jazz in game 7.

All conference semis are set now. I expect both GSW and Clevelend to progress easily but the other 2 should be fun, especially Spurs/Rockets.

Valheru

Coach
Celtics take a 2-0 lead after an overtime win, cracking game too.

Wizards will do well to win 4 of 5 from here.