What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

Shorty

Staff member
Watched the finale. First episode I've watched since the last finale. The problem I had was that I understood everything that was happening. I hadn't watched any of the preceding 15 episodes and apart from coming into this thread occasionally I had cut myself from the show. Yet it made no difference, as nothing had happened in those 15 episodes. The trash people were the only thing that confused me, like who are they, but it took 10 seconds to realise they were double crossers. Imagine going from one season finally of GOT to another. There's no chance you'd understand anything going on.
The episode it's self was lol worthy. All the action looked like amateur cos players in a home made movie, of course the main characters where in gun fights with enemies with automatic weapons, out in the open, seperated by a few metres yet no main character was killed in the gun fights. The next season promises 'all out war' (don't understand why they couldn't do it this season) but if it's going to be as bad as that then I don't think many will watch.
Negan is annoying. Why not just kill rick. Even when the ambush comes how hard is it to just put 2 bullets in rick and corals head before fleeing.

The worst think about the show is something I read in a review. The show has so much undeserved sentimentality. Why else would am a episode focus on a character like tara. Or so much time devoted to sasha and Abraham when they were only rooting each other for 5 minutes. It's a b grade show yet it thinks it's something like the wire or sopranos. Take Glenn for instant, the producers and fans make out like he was some legendary character, yet I can't remember many any standout moments from him in his 6 seasons on the show.
It gets undeserved praise mostly because it's ratings are good on the surface.
They try to compare it's ratings to GoT's when it isn't really appropriate, TWD is on a relatively cheap provider and it's basically all that channel has.
GoT is on HBO (A premier network that I hear is VERY expensive).

So is it like the 4th time in this show that we have had a finale with the same basic ending?
(Inspirational music with a collection of scenes of the characters standing up and looking at each other proudly).
I give them 1-2 seasons max left, pretty good innings really but TWD has been on borrowed time for about 2 years now.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Even if TWD dropped 20% of it's audience per season for the next two seasons it would still be comfortably near the top of the heap in regards to ratings.

I think part of the issue is the slowdown due to the fear of overtaking the source material (followed by other external issues like cast, budget, general pc bullshit) It's left a load of filler crap.

No doubt the quality has declined but I think we'll be hitting season 10 at the very least before any concerns about cancelation.

axl rose

Bench
“We are trying to do 20 years. The Walking Dead comic has certainly done it, show-runner Gimple said. He also pointed to The Simpsons as an inspiration: “The Simpsons has been on 26, 27 years, so that’s a challenge—so O.K., challenge accepted. Done,” Gimple said.

Yikes, no wonder its been a 'little' slow paced this year.

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
it sucks that fear the walking dead decided to take the same approach TWD did in the follow up season and go from an intense setting surrounded by zombies and then immediately go somewhere that has none and spend most of the season there.

Incorrect

Coach
“We are trying to do 20 years. The Walking Dead comic has certainly done it, show-runner Gimple said. He also pointed to The Simpsons as an inspiration: “The Simpsons has been on 26, 27 years, so that’s a challenge—so O.K., challenge accepted. Done,” Gimple said.

Yikes, no wonder its been a 'little' slow paced this year.
Does someone want to tell this Gimple fella that while the Simpsons has been going for 26+ years, that is nothing to aspire to - it has been trash since about season 12 or 13... And TWD has already run out of steam before it's even reached season 8, so I can't imagine what it would be like come anything beyond season 10...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Does someone want to tell this Gimple fella that while the Simpsons has been going for 26+ years, that is nothing to aspire to - it has been trash since about season 12 or 13... And TWD has already run out of steam before it's even reached season 8, so I can't imagine what it would be like come anything beyond season 10...
They got at least one episode of filler coveted going back to show the tigers history. Just need another 13.5 episodes of crap with half an episode of action at the very end, times it by 3 and whammy, 10 seasons. Piece of piss. Might even include zombies in their again somewhere

cb4

First Grade
People whinging about the story line and missed scenes and I am here wondering who mows the grass, and how they keep refueling those cars.

The show needs to cut itself from a few characters.
Aaron is a fantastic character but is soft because his boyfriend doesn't like him fighting. Boyfriend needs to die.

Jesus is arguably the best character but gets little to no air time. He needs to be more involved like Daryl.
Speaking of Daryl, he needs his ruthlessness back. He want from bad ass to soft merkin over night.

In terms of theater and modern day leading characters, there is no better than Rick Grimes. He has lead his group from the farm, to a prison, to separation, against the Governor , in and out of Terminus, and now to Alexandria.
The problem is, along the way the adversity goes from other characters and see's Rick pick up the pieces.
When his wife died, they had a chance to make him a killer leader. They didn't. They made him softer. Compassionate.
He tried to negotiate a place of peace with the Governor, and I have no doubt he will do that with Negan.

They should have killed Karl. In front of Rick. The bat should have hit.
That would have made him a psycho. Or he should have found Michone dead. Something,
He needs that something to kick start him.

Negan has been the best villain we have seen, but my fear is once he is dead, another group will come along.
Worse than before. And we will see the same shit.
Adversity, coming together, finding more people, set back, regather, bury a friend and kill people.
Rinse. Repeat.

I haven't read the comics but I feel that is what is happening.

After Negan is killed, captured, runs away, what ever his fate, they should head to Washington. Or New York. Or somewhere.
They need to rebuild civilisation, not keep slaying it.
The outbreak puts the walker to human ratio at about 3000/1, so it is pointless to keep killing humans.
They need to get to a point of how the world starts over.
And how the rise of Rick Grimes helps that.

Or a f**king Tsunami should hit and end the show.

Either way.

DlEHARD

Juniors
They really need to enter a new stage of the zombie virus, which makes them hyperactive. They are no threat at all now.

Pommy

Coach
it sucks that fear the walking dead decided to take the same approach TWD did in the follow up season and go from an intense setting surrounded by zombies and then immediately go somewhere that has none and spend most of the season there.

The walking dead is getting a bit of hate in here. I personally still enjoy it but I know it's not a masterpiece.
Fear the walking dead on the other hand is just awful drivel. The first season had moments where I thought it could be good but it's well past those few moments.

axl rose

Bench
No bitching about Walking Dead for 8 months, sad. How long till Game of Thrones.

17903571_10154177320226292_3284471286570563069_n.jpg

Last edited:

18to87

First Grade
I assume they will have a strong fast forward following all-out war?

Latest posts