What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kit clashing

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Beginning to wonder if the NRL is actually directing clubs to wear away jerseys in away games.

The Marshall

Juniors
That Bulldogs black and blue jersey is shit anyway.
The NRL made them change from the reverse home strip (white vee and rest of the jersey blue) as their away jersey because they didn't think there was a big enough contrast with the home jersey. So that's why they had to go with the black.

skeepe

Immortal
From memory, the NRL consider our green jersey as a clash with the Titans shade of blue. Which I guess I can understand, but not when our alternate is that blue abomination.

skeepe

Immortal
I know it makes no sense but that's what Raelene Castle told the Bulldogs member at a AGM in 2015. Maybe the NRL are happy with the contrast between the white and black?

Souths have to have a third strip for when they play in Canberra.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Although Souths home and Canberra Home both have green, they don't clash. Canberras white accents against the rabbits black accents isn't a problem.
Canberra's accents are blue now aren't they?

RockWheel

Bench
If the NRL's going to direct clubs what to wear even if it creates clashes, they may as well mandate that each club has a colour jersey and a white jersey. The home team decides to wear either colour/white then the away team has to wear the other. Least then there's a guarantee of no clashes regardless.

Smack

Coach
I caught up with the guy in charge of game day jerseys at the NRL

vegnews.steviewonder.gif

seanoff

Juniors
If the NRL's going to direct clubs what to wear even if it creates clashes, they may as well mandate that each club has a colour jersey and a white jersey. The home team decides to wear either colour/white then the away team has to wear the other. Least then there's a guarantee of no clashes regardless.

Most clubs have a white jersey. Canterbury and St George hardly need an away one TBH a change of shorts would cover most things. In fact when they play each other its just wear your home stuff for both teams.

Put the bullies in home tops, white shorts yesterday, no problems at all.

this isn't hard. Home teams wear their home strip, whoever is playing them wears a constrasting strip. Sometimes that will be a complete change and other times it maybe just a change of shorts or sometimes just their home strip too.

Latest posts