What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Salary Cap

siv

First Grade
I think this topic deserves its own thread

When will it finally be announced ?

What is still under negotiation ?

Will it be $10 mil $8.84 mil or $8.3 mil

How is the NRL going to enforce it when clubs 2018 signing window opened on Nov 1 2016 and most clubs have their roster settled

Nice Beaver

First Grade

How is the NRL going to enforce it when clubs 2018 signing window opened on Nov 1 2016 and most clubs have their roster settled

The clubs have given Todd Greenberg and his administration the respect he rightfully deserves.

Ergo, gone and signed players and not give a f*ck about what cap they come up with, as they know the spineless germ won't do a thing when clubs say "sorry - already spent more than that"

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Not sure.

Have a cupcake.

Vanilla.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Struggle to see why this wasn't sorted along with club grant straight after the tv deal was signed.

Danish

Referee
Realistically the 2018 cap is going to be non-existent. Clubs are already signing up players now, and they'll unquestionably roll out the "we thought it would be higher" excuse regardless of whatever the cap is finally settled upon.

The NRL are a complete basket case. Its embarrassing that they are unable to have such a basic fundamental thing such as the salary cap set for next season a quarter of the way through the current season. Its even more embarrassing that knowing this fact they are still allowing clubs to complete player signings.

There isn't a single solitary person at the NRL or ARLC who I'd trust to handle the takings of my 8 y.o. niece's malteaser sales for her school

RazorRam0n

Juniors
the bigger story out of all this is that clubs like PENRITH will be forced to shed players because they've gone out and re-signed their roster to a cap figure nowhere close to what the nrl are going to approve for 2018.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Blues Riff

Bench
How do you know that Penrith aren't working with the old cap amount with provisions for increase written into individual contracts?

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Believe what exactly? Your unfounded claims that Penrith have exceeded the cap for next year already...? Yeah, nah, I'm good thanks :)

here's a question for you...

how will you react then when corey harawera nera's forced to move clubs coz there's no cap space left to compete with the money offered to him to go elsewhere for 2018? :)

ACTPanthers

Bench
here's a question for you...

how will you react then when corey harawera nera's forced to move clubs coz there's no cap space left to compete with the money offered to him to go elsewhere for 2018? :)
I'll respond to that hypothetical question, with a hypothetical answer - With a "you can't keep them all" reaction... But, I hardly see how that extremely hypothetical question can prove to me that we've signed over our cap

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I'll respond to that hypothetical question, with a hypothetical answer - With a "you can't keep them all" reaction... But, I hardly see how that extremely hypothetical question can prove to me that we've signed over our cap

the source is on fox. it's been for all to see.

not my problem if you're not watching it.