What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

I don't think that is correct General.

I think you'll find he'll step up his game for the rest of the year now that his contract is sorted.

He'll want to go out on a high with another GF win.

We did the right thing by not paying 3/4 of a million for a guy that hasn't shown complete attributes for any of the spine positions.

His future is at lock but he just doesn't want to be in the forwards.
That's where the old fart will make him play and he will spit the dummy

snout

First Grade
Bennett's over the james Roberts experiment.

Fast but dumb as dogshit. On and off the park.

Bird will play centre or backrow.

And no good Booing Bird.
he came and did his job.

He's moving on.
Same as we want other players to move on to us Like Jimmy and Seggy etc.

Hope he leaves us with 2 premierships.

Eion

First Grade
As long as he puts in, I'm gunna love jacky until the final whistle blows this year.

Then I'm gunna hate his friggen guts until he comes crawling back, then I'll love him again.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Ok now that his gone how much do we have remaining in the cap
Capewell resigned today but I'm guessing not on huge coin...... then I guess Flanno has to decide if Chad is within the budget. Still have to keep some coin for Lewie who said last night he definately wants to go round again.

I see next year as a rebuilding year anyway.

There will be a heap of personnel changes and it will take a year for things to click and get used to not having so many old heads leading the way.

But I have a really good feeling about our chances of getting into the GF again this year. I'm starting think it's us, Canberra and Melbourne for the title again.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I like Jack and I think he is a great footballer BUT he comes with some baggage.

He left the dragons because they couldn't guarantee he will play first grade and they kept playing him in the forwards in NYC.

Signs with us as we guarantee him first grade footy and a spot in the backline. Nu Brown injury gifts him a spot at 5/8.

We then sign 2 "established" halves that win us a comp whilst Jack tells the media he doesn't like playing in the centres and wants get his hands on the footy.

There seems to be a common pattern here.

Good luck in brissy Jack

MilkShark

First Grade
We were up against much more than the bigger offer from those grubs.

Jacks a confident guy, loves the limelight and wants to play in big games. We all know who plays every single Friday night in a packed Suncorp stadium on tv.

The sooner the nrl caps TPAs and introduces another team into Brisbane the better.

coolumsharkie

Referee
http://www.sharks.com.au/news/2017/04/13/club_statement_jack_.html

Our Club has today been advised that regardless of our best efforts to retain him, Jack Bird has accepted a multi-year contract at the Brisbane Broncos.

Despite our Club making its highest ever financial offer to secure a current player, it could not match the multimillion dollar deal offered to Bird to join the Broncos.

“While we are always disappointed to see any player move on from our Club, and particularly one of Jack’s talent, it is also important to note that the future of our Club is not built around any one individual,” Sharks CEO Lyall Gorman said.

Damian Keogh, Club Chairman reiterated that; “Our Club’s responsibility and long term strategy is to ensure we allocate our salary cap across the playing group to give us the best chance of sustained on-field success."

Head Coach Shane Flanagan added; “On behalf of the Coaching staff and players I am terribly disappointed that Jack has decided to move on considering he made his NRL debut at our Club, was the NRL Rookie of the Year, made his debut for Origin and won a premiership all within the space of just over two years.

“Since debuting for us in 2015, our Club has played a major role in developing Jack into a State of Origin level player which is a testament to the talent identification and player development systems we have in place. We look forward to steering many more of our talented young players along a similar journey in the years to come.

“While we wish Jack well in his future endeavours, he is a professional and we have no doubt he will continue to give his full focus to his Club and his teammates on and off the field and play a major role throughout 2017,” Flanagan added.

Bird will be making no public comment prior to the weekend as he prepares with the rest of his teammates to play the Panthers on Sunday.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
http://www.sharks.com.au/news/2017/04/13/club_statement_jack_.html

Our Club has today been advised that regardless of our best efforts to retain him, Jack Bird has accepted a multi-year contract at the Brisbane Broncos.

Despite our Club making its highest ever financial offer to secure a current player, it could not match the multimillion dollar deal offered to Bird to join the Broncos.

“While we are always disappointed to see any player move on from our Club, and particularly one of Jack’s talent, it is also important to note that the future of our Club is not built around any one individual,” Sharks CEO Lyall Gorman said.

Damian Keogh, Club Chairman reiterated that; “Our Club’s responsibility and long term strategy is to ensure we allocate our salary cap across the playing group to give us the best chance of sustained on-field success."

Head Coach Shane Flanagan added; “On behalf of the Coaching staff and players I am terribly disappointed that Jack has decided to move on considering he made his NRL debut at our Club, was the NRL Rookie of the Year, made his debut for Origin and won a premiership all within the space of just over two years.

“Since debuting for us in 2015, our Club has played a major role in developing Jack into a State of Origin level player which is a testament to the talent identification and player development systems we have in place. We look forward to steering many more of our talented young players along a similar journey in the years to come.

“While we wish Jack well in his future endeavours, he is a professional and we have no doubt he will continue to give his full focus to his Club and his teammates on and off the field and play a major role throughout 2017,” Flanagan added.

Bird will be making no public comment prior to the weekend as he prepares with the rest of his teammates to play the Panthers on Sunday.

Some very clever "FU's" in these highlighted areas