What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

southland

Juniors
Good on Bird for loading up on $$$$ at a quality club!

Good luck to him. Disappointed we did not get him but whatever. Out of Bird or Holmes I'm glad we kept Holmes.

snout

First Grade
Or just get Bennie B and Bubbler Todd to take him to Northies for a night after the GF.

sandshark

Bench
Well i guess its good to have that sorted, now we move on to that other overpriced player (Townsend).

Good luck Birdy, who knows we might see him return in two/three years time, we all know that Broncos won't be the last club he sells himself to.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Good luck at a club that hasnt won anything for over a decade, and that year the club was fully of origin players and over the cap

carcharias

Immortal
Bird should ask frizzel and peachey how good it is playing for other teams
Except last year of course - suckers!

Southern Shark

Juniors
He faces one huge obstacle that he may not be aware of. The curse of leaving the Sharks. Over 90% of players who have played first grade and left have dropped off the radar at their new club. There are a few exceptions such as Robbie KEARNS. And most return such as Sorensons, Beckett, Hardy, Miller and Rogers. It might just be Jack Who by Round 15 next year at the Donkeys.

shaggs

Coach
I understand getting what you can as much as possible.
Football can be fleeting,
But i still fail to understand the constant moving from club to club thing. That's old fashioned I know and it's different if the club you are at wants you gone, but these guys like the sims who constantly move for an opportunity give me the shits.

Earn the right to demand where and when you play

Quigs

Immortal
Going to be interesting for the Andrew Gee Donkeys when State of Origin comes around next year. Be quite a few getting selected from the stable.

Vin Fizz

Bench
'Bummed he's going but the very fact that players are so mobile (ie move between clubs) is the very reason we won our first big dance last year. Lewie, Menis, Fifi I could go on. JB was originally a stain. Swings and roundabouts.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The good thing is we are now in the market for centre. It's not really a position where we can just bring up a kid from NYC and slot him in.

Just quietly I'd be raiding the panthers stocks. They seem to have one too many outside backs floating around the grades

lolesi

First Grade
The good thing is we are now in the market for centre. It's not really a position where we can just bring up a kid from NYC and slot him in.

Just quietly I'd be raiding the panthers stocks. They seem to have one too many outside backs floating around the grades

Indeed mate
Whare resigned for 4 years so he is out.

But you have Waqa blake and Hiku who could easily be tempted. Big fan of Waqa

txta2

Bench
Funny how the Sharks have never won a player for a contract between the clubs for ages. f**k them now they can't buy a top shelf half back