What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

Knightmare

Coach
but-wayne-low-res.jpg

NOW OUT IN T-SHIRT FORMAT.

You can purchase your very own "Won Nothing" t-shirt here.... THIS JOINT
wayne-t-x-1000.jpg

I mean f**k, even NSW has won something since 2006...

Weaponhead

Coach
I don't think Gal or flanno will be shy in giving him a spray if his attitude drops off.

I doubt this impacts the team at all. They know what they need to do.

Card Shark

Immortal
Thought the $750k sounded way light-on, that's what we would've offered.

There'd be at least $250k of 3rd party agreements.

Dodgy broncos!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Interesting little snippet today posted by the NRL lurker on twitter:

Jack Bird's decision to quit the premiers isn't exactly being seen as a disaster in the Shire.

There are more than a few members of the Cronulla administration who wonder if the Brisbane Broncos know exactly what they're getting themselves into.

Especially when it comes to team culture, which seemingly, Bird has a lot to learn about.

At a recent function to celebrate Chris Heighington's 300th NRL match, the Sharks organised a special tribute dinner for the players only, where club legend Andrew Ettingshausen presented the veteran forward with his milestone jumper.

Every player was present for the special occassion, except Bird.

Needless to stay, several of his teammates were unimpressed.

snout

First Grade
http://www.sharks.com.au/news/2017/04/13/club_statement_jack_.html
Head Coach Shane Flanagan added; “On behalf of the Coaching staff and players I am terribly disappointed that Jack has decided to move on...
When players state they move clubs for the chance to play under Bennett - what a joke.

What a slap in the face for Flanno who gave him his start in NRL, which saw him develop into a SOO player and Premiership winner.

Bennett's only ever coached SOO filled squads which are impossible to legally assemble under the salary cap.
Except for Newcastle here he had to get by on his coaching abilities and he took that club to the shitter.

Such a myth stating you move to play under him.

Quigs

Immortal
The prick was on the nooze up here recently carrying about the NRL has to do something to stop the player horse trading at this early part of the season.

Arhhhh youse have gotta love the Donks and their propaganda machine.

MilkShark

First Grade
People saying Jack will put in every week makes me laugh. He had a go once this year, last weekend, the weekend before he made he signed a new contract.

He's clever.