What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys cannot make Top 4

isaiah

Bench
Cows get a chance tonight against the pretenders. Surely the cows can win it without Matt Scott and Thurston.

wibble

Bench
Take McGuire and Thaiday out of that pack it leaves a pretty big hole

I'm not saying they're not good players (Gillett too), but as isaiah says, they have some forward depth, and Broncos don't rely on forward dominance. But the Cowboys lose half their spine (at least, maybe more) to Origin.

And if the Storm only lost Smith or Cronk or Slater, that would be a big loss for them, let alone all 3. It's the concept of a pissing competition comparing clubs that are depleted from Origin that I find ludicrous.

It will of course depend a lot on when the team's byes are, and which Origin depleted sides you play. The whole period is a bit of a farce, and frankly is unfair to the Storm, Broncos and Cowboys (and last year the Sharks, previous years the Roosters have contributed a lot), or whichever team gets hit badly with selections.

isaiah

Bench
Yep

has flashes where you can see his potential but flatters to deceive

that turning his back when he gets to the line thing bugged me for the last couple of seasons

not sorry to see him go at all
he would be really handy, imo. played on most of 2015 with back troubles. wouldn't have made the gf without him.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
when you started this thread we only had Matt Scott out

you've turned into a smug wanker now things have worked out the way you hoped

Life's Good

Coach
If they play like that with so many out(and Feldt derping it up)they are a top 4 chance when they get some players back. Can't afford to lose too much ground though with Origin likely to bite. BTW. Asiata looks good at half.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
If we make the eight with no one but Scott out, then I would be feeling pretty confident about shaking things up.

Vee

First Grade
[QUOTE="Life's Good, post: 12124855, member: 46087]BTW. Asiata looks good at half.[/QUOTE]A half wannabe in a small forward's body. But it was still good to see him get the chance to use his ball skills, need to see more of that.

Hutty1986

Immortal
If we make the eight with no one but Scott out, then I would be feeling pretty confident about shaking things up.
Still a superb forward pack and the best halves combo in the business pulling the strings.
Meanwhile, isaiah continues pulling his knob.

Latest posts