What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If we assume games later in the season are more important than games early in the season i think its silly to take the early plea this early in the season under the current system.

It makes sense to fight it because carry over points limit the effectiveness of pleading out later in the season.

Say whitehead fights and is found guilty that is 2 games in round 5 and 6 but he would have no carry points.

With the carry over points If he was to *looks up lowest charge * do a grade 1 dangerous contact in round 26 the 100 point charge which could he plead out to no suspension but with a f**kload of carry over points becomes a one week suspension.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Also i just saw a slow motion gif of the whitehead trip instead of the video footage that some11 posted that is pretty quick and i now think grade 2 is fair enough. He did lash out at glenn with a fair bit of force. He actually stopped a try as well so very lucky not to be penalised harshly on the field.

Still i think we should fight it based on what i just wrote above

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Then challenge it. You won't win. Would be as bad as JT challenging his shoulder charge but you are welcome to head to the judiciary

I think we should have gone to the judiciary anyway because 2 matches now is better than a one match ban with carry over points in September

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think we should have gone to the judiciary anyway because 2 matches now is better than a one match ban with carry over points in September

Points go down every week though so a few weeks of good behaviour they will fine

nick87

Coach
Yeah the slow mo looks awful for Whitehead, but i think in real time it looks like a non event. But as pointed out, it doesnt seem to matter if it was intentional or not. I still think given what we've seen the grading is wrong but that's the way the cookie crumbles i guess

Im more annoyed that JT managed to avoid a charge for attacking the legs of a kicker given Soliolia attracted a charge only a few weeks ago for the same thing. Superstar calls i guess, happens in every sport.

Danish

Referee
I don't see anything wrong with that trip being a grade 2, but the problem is we had the below far more deliberate trip given a grade 1 only a couple weeks back:

If I were the Raiders I'd just take that footage with me to the judiciary and walk out of there in about 2 minutes with a downgrade to a fine.

wibble

Bench
Yeah the slow mo looks awful for Whitehead, but i think in real time it looks like a non event. But as pointed out, it doesnt seem to matter if it was intentional or not. I still think given what we've seen the grading is wrong but that's the way the cookie crumbles i guess

Im more annoyed that JT managed to avoid a charge for attacking the legs of a kicker given Soliolia attracted a charge only a few weeks ago for the same thing. Superstar calls i guess, happens in every sport.

I'm amazed Taylor wasn't suspended for kicking Thurston, as the great one claimed at the time.

Seriously, I called it at the time- Thurston should get what Soliola got, but won't.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ryan James was successful at the judiciary on Tuesday and will play on Sunday for the Titans. Link

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

some11

Referee
Chambers has to be the dumbest player, gets charged once, does it again, gets charged again.
I can only assume Bellamy thinks it's worth him doing it if he has no carry-over points and they can replace him.

But I'd have to side with Occam's razor on this.

yobbo84

First Grade
They need to get rid of the word "charge". Sam was standing still. Honestly this game is softer than a slab of butter in Coober Pedy.

Latest posts