What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst NRL commentators

Worst NRL commentator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RockWheel

Bench
Gould's problem is he thinks rugby league peaked in 1988, he thinks every change in the game since then has been detrimental.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Gould's problem is he thinks rugby league peaked in 1988, he thinks every change in the game since then has been detrimental.
He's never been the same since big keefy left the country

I actually don't get to listen to commentary much now as I usually watch streams on my phone. Who does he lose his load over now every time they appear in play without necessarily doing anything? Is he off Surgess?

ed-grimley

Bench
The fact she can say anything makes her smarter than her three brothers combined
I heard Ruan Sims on the radio - she is inoffensive and unlike the other female presenters talks from a position of actual experience in the game.
As for the Sims brothers I know one of them and he is a lot more with it than some of the nongs that are interviewed post match.

Reactions: Vee

Vee

First Grade
I heard Ruan Sims on the radio - she is inoffensive and unlike the other female presenters talks from a position of actual experience in the game.
As for the Sims brothers I know one of them and he is a lot more with it than some of the nongs that are interviewed post match.
I've heard Ruan Sims too and, I agree, she speaks well, as do a few other Jillaroos I have heard. So much better than the barbie dolls that plague our TVs.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
I'm a kiwi and I am embarrassed by our NRL commentators, especially Halligan. The accent is an issue but more so that he is a complete moron. Truly horrible.

Worst accent has to be Brandy. Probably sounds normal to most on here. To the rest of the world it sounds like someone sewed his mouth shut and plugged one of his nostrils with cement. Speaking out of one nostril is quite an achievement though.

txta2

Bench
Blockers jokes on Saturday were embarrassing. Had to many head knocks.Voss sometimes makes stupid calls about the rules as well. I always find myself saying stfu Voss u idiot
All the Qld commentators, if it's a Qld team or SOO player the bias is painful and ruins the whole call

Life's Good

Coach
As much as Blocker grinds like finger nails on a blackboard Walters is climbing the charts. He simply can't hide his QLD bias and just comment on the game.

wibble

Bench
I know this is the "worst" thread, but listening to Cronk yesterday, he offers a much better explanation of why a play or player is getting something right, or getting something wrong, than most commentators. I would imagine he has a good future at Fox if he wants it.

I guess it is not surprising that Cronk, a clever half back, shows more insight than Blocker, who just tells us banal things like "their forwards need to get on top", but why Walters, himself a clever half and a coach, can't offer a bit more insight is beyond me.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
The fact Walters has to be on EVERY game involving a QLD side infuriates me to no end. At least Brandy is usually isolated to 1 or 2 games a weekend