What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England V Samoa, may 2017

Coastbloke

Bench
Anyone know if ticket sales are coming along fine, or is this going to be more embarassing than I anticipate..??

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Samoa could have two of the form centres (Lafai and Leilua) in the NRL as their centre pairing but the City/Country match will mean Leilua is unavailable.

It is a shame that a trial for a state team takes precedence over an International.

Clarkent

Juniors
Samoa could have two of the form centres (Lafai and Leilua) in the NRL as their centre pairing but the City/Country match will mean Leilua is unavailable.

It is a shame that a trial for a state team takes precedence over an International.
Leilua has turned them down before to play for Samoa so hope he does it again... The big problem is Ricky Stuart he has a big reputation of not allowing tier 2 nation players playing for there country... So this will be interesting when they name the teams... Can't wait

deal.with.it

Juniors
If they got 40k watching the challenge cup league 1 teams playing, then they obviously see it as an "easy" way to make a couple hundred k.
As suggested before, SL needs to launch its own digital platform - consisting of replays, press releases, league 1 and championship games etc.

roughyedspud

Coach
The challenge cup streams are free on the bbc..That's why tens of thousands watched live and 100,000 watched in total...

And the problem with a digital platform is sky own everything,lock,stock & barrell..from ESL to league 1and they've shown no willingness to let clubs livestream games even though most clubs have the equipment to do it...
I see no reason why sky,the RFL, championship & league one clubs can't come to some kind of agreement to let us livestream games,sky could even send the clubs a disk containing the sky sports graphics software so the streams carry the "sky sports logo and score graphics"...It's easy exposure for sky & RL for very little outlay...

Wigan livestreaming a academy game last week on Facebook which was very successful apparently....And premier sports livestreamed a NRL game last month on their Facebook page....And www.live.rugby-league.com does look like it's the start of something...

adamkungl

Immortal
The challenge cup streams are free on the bbc..That's why tens of thousands watched live and 100,000 watched in total...

And the problem with a digital platform is sky own everything,lock,stock & barrell..from ESL to league 1and they've shown no willingness to let clubs livestream games even though most clubs have the equipment to do it...
I see no reason why sky,the RFL, championship & league one clubs can't come to some kind of agreement to let us livestream games,sky could even send the clubs a disk containing the sky sports graphics software so the streams carry the "sky sports logo and score graphics"...It's easy exposure for sky & RL for very little outlay...

Wigan livestreaming a academy game last week on Facebook which was very successful apparently....And premier sports livestreamed a NRL game last month on their Facebook page....And www.live.rugby-league.com does look like it's the start of something...

Coz Rugby League

Clarkent

Juniors
Wayne Bennett has come out and said he won't block milford from playing for Samoa... So that's a bonus hopefully more coach's follow... I doubt anyone would turn down the chance of facing a tier 1 nation anyways... And praying leilua doesn't get picked for kangaroos and plays for Samoa lol

roughyedspud

Coach
Rugby league Samoa posted this on Facebook this morning

Samoan Joseph Leilua turned down the Kiwis to pursue a New South Wales jersey!

The scoring machine averages 114m a game and has crossed for six tries in seven games, helping the Raiders move to fifth on the NRL ladder with three straight wins.

He was again impressive in a two-try display in Canberra’s last round 20-8 win over the Warriors, prompting the Raiders’ England international Eliott Whitehead to claim Leilua “wasn’t far” from a Test call-up.

However, Parker was not yet convinced.

“As devastating a ball runner as BJ is, I don’t think he is the green and gold centre just yet,” Parker told Fox Sports’ On The Couch program.

#TEAMRLS

So much of a mixed message there..Samoan turns down NZ to play for nsw but not good enough for Australia....

Wtf are they playing at?

Clarkent

Juniors
Rugby league Samoa posted this on Facebook this morning

Samoan Joseph Leilua turned down the Kiwis to pursue a New South Wales jersey!

The scoring machine averages 114m a game and has crossed for six tries in seven games, helping the Raiders move to fifth on the NRL ladder with three straight wins.

He was again impressive in a two-try display in Canberra’s last round 20-8 win over the Warriors, prompting the Raiders’ England international Eliott Whitehead to claim Leilua “wasn’t far” from a Test call-up.

However, Parker was not yet convinced.

“As devastating a ball runner as BJ is, I don’t think he is the green and gold centre just yet,” Parker told Fox Sports’ On The Couch program.

#TEAMRLS

So much of a mixed message there..Samoan turns down NZ to play for nsw but not good enough for Australia....

Wtf are they playing at?
Leilua has no nz in him... He's parents moved to nz for a better life and then moved for good to Australia where leilua was born and grew up there all he's life... Kiwis just trying to claim him cause hes a islander.... Like all island teams were just playing the waiting game if leilua doesn't get picked hopefully he puts he's hand up for Samoa... Milford, junior Paulo and Josh McGuire are all on the same boat

roughyedspud

Coach
But....No where in that article does it say bj turns down the kiwis,it's the Samoan RL that added that in their status above the article..

Clarkent

Juniors
I guess he wasn't referring to the article but during this year when the kiwis approached leilua for a kiwi Jersey and he turned them down... Well he thought about it until hes mum told him he's Australian born and raised and he has no kiwi in him lol I think even rapana tried to convince him... Wouldn't blame them for trying tbh lol

roughyedspud

Coach
Well i said that earlier,i don't blame the NZRL for enquiring..I'm blaming the journos and whoever wrote that Samoa status...Bj & vunivalu did not choose a island over NZ...And saying the new system is working! When they aren't eligible for NZ in the first place!

Clarkent

Juniors
Know what you mean... There was a article about Tim lafai a few years ago before the four nation... He turned down the kiwi Jersey down for the Samoan team... He had no chance that year to make kangaroos or origin... But the headline was lafai turns back on kiwi Jersey for kangaroos... But he runs out for Samoa the next week and he was already named in the Samoan team... I guess they didn't like the fact they were turned down for a small island nation

Latest posts