What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you sign Aaron Woods?

Paullyboy

Coach
I'll be the first to admit, I used to think Aaron Woods was a great player and one of the best props in the game, but right now - how could anyone justify signing him?

He's really showing his true colours this year with respect to the way he's been carrying on both on and off the field. I still remember watching him literally give up against the Raiders. I figured maybe it was all too hard and gave him the benefit of the doubt. Taylor got sacked within 24 hours and so, theoretically, he got what he wanted (the fact the players at the Tigers have far too much power has been discussed to death already - so I won't go back over that old ground).

Then came yesterday. He was kept out of the game for a lot longer than he's used to, and when he finally came back on at the end he was shocking. It culminated with 20 seconds to go, and he literally refused to pack the scrum which would have allowed the Tigers one more shot. Every other forward was packed and bound, but he just stood there and wouldn't pack down as he watched the clock tick away. The Tigers almost certainly weren't going to win, but he did his best to make sure of it. Was that his way of sulking to his new coach that he wasn't happy about being benched?

I just don't see how any club, irrespective of his price, would want a player who is so willing to give in if he feels personally aggrieved.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I thought last year was his best year year yet and that the captaincy suited him, however this year he has been a disgrace and if he wasn't Aaron Woods should rightfully be dropped.

I've laughed when he's said things like 'the contract thing is really taking a toll on me' well there's only person to blame for that Aaron, YOU! Seriously the way he and the other tiger guys have carried on you'd swear they were the fitst guys in history to be off contract.

As captain not once has woods even said he wants to stay. If he simply came out and said 'I love the club and the main priority is to stay, however this is a huge contract for me and I need to do what's best for me and my family' I think most tigers fans would be fine.

He also said yesterday that he hasn't once spoken to any of the other guys about whether they will stay or not. Now Robbie Farah may have been a lot of things but when he was in Tigers colours he bled for the club. He basically single handedly got Tedesco to reneg on his raiders contract. To me that's being a good captain, you out the club and fans first, your players second and you last. If you don't want to do that that's fine, but don't put your hand up to be captain.

Woods was coping it in the crowd yesterday, the masses have well and truly turned on the one time local hero. I for one hope he does leave, he has shown his true colours here, he isn't the man you want leading your club.

Pedge1971

First Grade
No from a Knights supporter. He is much better than what we have but not at that price with that attitude. We heed a fwd leader and he has shown this year he isnt capable or doesnt want to lead.

He's talented when his head is in the right space, but I am not sure I want him around next year. I don't think his heart is in it at the moment and that's a worrying sign when he's meant to be signing a new contract.

Who knows, maybe the Dogs and Roosters talk is all piss and wind and the club gave him a realistic offer and he has the shits?

Paullyboy

Coach
People are talking about his 'right price', but this to me is my point - I wouldn't have him for any price after this showings this year.

You could very easily argue that when things haven't gone his way this year, he's thrown a tantrum and flat out refused to try and win. I don't care if you are on $1,000,000 or $1 - I don't want that in my team. It's a cancer that could have significant impacts around the club.

David brown

Juniors
Clearly will drop him... Tim Grant was a SOO front rower on big money when clearly got the job at Penrith and he f**ked him off to Reggie's he did the same to Jennings...

Brisbane will sign him on a min contract

Clifferd

Coach
People are talking about his 'right price', but this to me is my point - I wouldn't have him for any price after this showings this year.

You could very easily argue that when things haven't gone his way this year, he's thrown a tantrum and flat out refused to try and win. I don't care if you are on $1,000,000 or $1 - I don't want that in my team. It's a cancer that could have significant impacts around the club.

Now imagine that, and of all people your club captain. Disgraceful

Latest posts