What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Roosters

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL Team: Round 8 v Roosters
Tue 18th April, 04:01PM
A A

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad for the Dragons' Round 8 clash against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium, Moore Park this Tuesday, April 25.

The Dragons will line-up against the Roosters for the 16th time on Anzac Day and will welcome the return of Josh Dugan at fullback.

The Dragons will also wear their commemorative Anzac Jersey which in 2017 which features an image of the Kokoda Trail sourced through the Kokoda Memorial Walkway. It will be launched on Wednesday afternoon.

The Dragons are proud to support the Kokoda Memorial Walkway and the Australian War Memorial in 2017.

The Dragons will also celebrate the 150th NRL game of skipper Gareth Widdop and 100th NRL game of centre Tim Lafai.

NRL Squad for Round 8 v Sydney Roosters:

1. Josh Dugan
2. Nene Macdonald
3. Euan Aitken
4. Tim Lafai
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Russell Packer
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Kurt Mann
17. Hame Sele
18. Taane Milne
19. Jacob Host
20. Luciano Leilua
21. Blake Lawrie

Players unavailable:

Will Matthews (hip) – indefinite

Kiti Glymin (shoulder) – indefinite

Drew Hutchison (knee) – season

Levi Dodd (knee) – season

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/04/18/nrl_team_round_8_v_r.html

getsmarty

Immortal
NYC Team: Round 8 v Roosters
Tue 18th April, 04:00PM
A A

1492488199841.jpg;pv065caa0f5b465e77

St George Illawarra Dragons Under-20s coach Wayne Collins has named his mandatory 23-man squad for the team's Round 8 clash against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Tuesday, April 25.

The Under-20s will kick-off at 1:45pm and will be the curtain-raiser for the NRL fixture scheduled for 4pm.

The young Dragons suffered their second loss of the season last weekend when they were trounced 40-6 by the Cowboys.

NYC Squad for Round 8 v Sydney Roosters

1. Steven Marsters
2. Matheson Johns
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Zac Lomax
5. Jason Gillard
6. Tristan Sailor
7. Jackson Willis
8. TJ Uele
9. Reece Robson
10. Matt Sheppard
11. Trent Peoples
12. Jayden Morgan
13. Stuart Mason
Interchange:
14. Elijah Hunt
15. Max Bailey
16. Cooper Purcell
17. Joe Lovodua
18. Hayden Lomax
19. Jackson Ford
20. Tom Angel
21. Dylan Morris
22. Jack Cross
23. Israel Seufale

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/04/18/nyc_team_round_8_v_r.af_news.html

getsmarty

Immortal
ISP Team: Round 8 v Mounties
Tue 18th April, 04:00PM
A A

1492488383032.jpg;pv4572bd50789ac0bd

Illawarra coach Mat Head has named his team to play in Round 8 of the Intrust Super Premiership against the Mounties at WIN Stadium.

The game is set to commence at 3pm on Saturday, April 22 and will be the first time these two teams have met since the 2016 Intrust Super Premiership grand final.

ISP Squad for Round 8 v Mounties

1. Matthew Dufty
2. Kalifa Faifai Loa
3. Jesse Dee
4. Patrick Herbert
17. Izaac Thompson
6. Jai Field
7. Shaun Nona
16. Josh Kerr
9. Siliva Havili
10. Blake Lawrie
11. Tyrone McCarthy
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Jake Marketo
Interchange:
8. Mose Masoe
14. Ryan Fletcher
15. Jacob Hind
22. Chris Lewis

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/04/18/isp_team_round_8_v_m.af_news.html

possm

Coach
Perfect opportunity to announce Widdop signature and even Lafai deserves another extension:sunglasses:
That would be great. Then Packer and Mann. If this happens, it would be Dugan who moves on. Field would really need to bulk up and improve his defence if Millward is planning for him to be fullback.

ALSGI

Bench
That's an innovative, shocking surprise !

Good to see actually, this team is becoming the real deal and have most of us wiping cage free egg from all over the place.

Hope there have and will be some truthful video seesiions and hard work at training.
Also hope the boys are enjoying it.

Some empathy for Mann, Milne, Host and co.

As for Dufty, Field and co, look, learn and lift, 2018 is another year and they will have to earn a spot to play for the Premiers.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Good that we can name a stable team.
In true Doust tradition, maybe we could announce the various resignings during the half time break.
Of course Mary should wait till the end of the season purely out of concern not to disrupt his thought pattern and the team as a whole.
Naturally, the cherry on the cake will be to get the two points against the rorters.
Anything else at this point is a bonus.

Crescent dragon

Juniors
Such a shame Mann is not in for McDonald, hope I can be proved wrong in this instance like a lot of us have been this season.
Milne would have to be first cut from bench, no need for 2 backs.
Massive crowd, should be a great day as usual

possm

Coach
Such a shame Mann is not in for McDonald, hope I can be proved wrong in this instance like a lot of us have been this season.
Milne would have to be first cut from bench, no need for 2 backs.
Massive crowd, should be a great day as usual
Nightingale is back on the right wing and Macdonald on the left. In this way Nightingale can keep an eye on Aitken and hopefully guide him in defence. Lafai and Macdonald will need to be on their toes.

Old Timer

Coach
Nightingale is back on the right wing and Macdonald on the left. In this way Nightingale can keep an eye on Aitken and hopefully guide him in defence. Lafai and Macdonald will need to be on their toes.
Old habits die hard.
Exactly what we did last year with KFFL and Nighty playing on the opposite wings and then finally swapped back and Mann finally promoted.
7 rounds gone this year with wingers on the wrong side and now possibly to be played on their correct sides but alas no action to promote Mann who is better than at least 2 in the existing backline.
Same behaviour by the coach 2 years in a row, would love to know why.

Walpole

Juniors
I do find it a bit odd that we continue to pick MacDonald ahead of Mann. MacDonald has some physical advantages over Mann but to me Mann is simply a better footballer. He defends well, reads the game, can find the line just as well as MacDonald. Oh well, I guess Kurt will get his seven minutes late in the second half, hopefully when we're 20 points ahead.

possm

Coach
I do find it a bit odd that we continue to pick MacDonald ahead of Mann. MacDonald has some physical advantages over Mann but to me Mann is simply a better footballer. He defends well, reads the game, can find the line just as well as MacDonald. Oh well, I guess Kurt will get his seven minutes late in the second half, hopefully when we're 20 points ahead.
Look, a final say on recruiting has been stripped from Mary's duties. The playing style has been designed and developed by the player leadership group and so Mary only has selections and bench management left to figure out.

Tell me, how is he doing on selections and bench management?

Walpole

Juniors
Look, a final say on recruiting has been stripped from Mary's duties. The playing style has been designed and developed by the player leadership group and so Mary only has selections and bench management left to figure out.

Tell me, how is he doing on selections and bench management?
My comment isn't anything to do with recruiting. I simply think Kurt Mann is a better footballer than Nene MacDonald. Therefore I think Mann should be selected ahead of Macdonald.

As for bench management, I think we lose some impact when Vaughan and Packer are off at the same time and JDB is an 80 minute player. So in my opinion, it could probably be managed better. Other than that, great to see the team going so well. Anything else you'd like to know?

possm

Coach
My comment isn't anything to do with recruiting. I simply think Kurt Mann is a better footballer than Nene MacDonald. Therefore I think Mann should be selected ahead of Macdonald.

As for bench management, I think we lose some impact when Vaughan and Packer are off at the same time and JDB is an 80 minute player. So in my opinion, it could probably be managed better. Other than that, great to see the team going so well. Anything else you'd like to know?
Well said. I think Mann is a better centre than Aitken and possibly a good five-eighth. If Widdop signs with Melbourne, maybe he will get a few runs at 6 this year.