What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Ratings Box

Paullyboy

Coach
I just got a call from Nielson asking if I'd be interested in having a TV ratings box. I'm naturally interested because I'd like to see the shows I like (aka NRL) get a good representation in TV ratings, but I'm also not really a fan of having to f*ck about too often to just watch TV.

Has anyone else done it? Is it much of a hassle?

I was surprised to hear that they said only 9,000 households have one. Such a ridiculously small sample size (which makes it more enticing to get involved in).

Diesel

Coach
And don't watch AFL, those merkins don't need any more request for funds as ammo because people are watching that shit

Paullyboy

Coach
I can absolutely assure you that AFL will not be watched for a single second in my house. It's a cancer on Australian society.

The problem is, I won't be much use to rugby league figures either because I am usually out on a Friday night and for some reason just hate watching Sunday afternoon games on 9 unless the Raiders are playing. Compounding that issue is that I can't get Foxtel in my building, so I have to stream all the other games (which wouldn't count toward their figures).

To be honest, I'm the exact wrong person for this study as I watch f*ck all TV. I even told them that but they seem to think it's worth doing.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I can absolutely assure you that AFL will not be watched for a single second in my house. It's a cancer on Australian society.

The problem is, I won't be much use to rugby league figures either because I am usually out on a Friday night and for some reason just hate watching Sunday afternoon games on 9 unless the Raiders are playing. Compounding that issue is that I can't get Foxtel in my building, so I have to stream all the other games (which wouldn't count toward their figures).

To be honest, I'm the exact wrong person for this study as I watch f*ck all TV. I even told them that but they seem to think it's worth doing.

My mum used to leave the TV on Channel 9 to keep the Dogs company on a Friday night (They like talk shows stuff, footy suited the Dogs). So I suppose you could do the same!

Scorpio30

Bench
I thought in this digital age....They must alllwaaays be watching you. Surely anyone with Foxtel is having their habits scrutinized

Paullyboy

Coach
I thought in this digital age....They must alllwaaays be watching you. Surely anyone with Foxtel is having their habits scrutinized
That's what I figured as well. I always thought this Nielsen business was a myth (in the modern market anyway). Surely they can track this stuff easily through smart TV's and digital boxes?