What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Game_Breaker

Coach
Fast 8.

Enjoyed it... but you really have to go in to the movie leaving your brain at the door to get full enjoyment out of it.

Not a lot of it actually makes sense... :joy::joy:

But sometimes you need a good popcorn movie like that...

I agree, no doubt cinema sins will have a field day with it but best to enjoy it for it is - a mindless action popcorn movie. I liked it because of the practical sfx using cgi to compliment and the not the cgi fest we get with most movies nowadays. Accept the ridiculousness and go along for the ride

The movie broke opening weekend box office records.

OVP

Coach
Underworld: Blood Wars (the 5th in the series) is certainly worth it, not only for the great fight scenes, but certainly for those Nordic vampires. Damn they are hot :)
7/10

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Denial.

Interesting story about that idiot David Irving and his libel case he bought against a historian.

As expected for a mainly courtroom drama a bit dry.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Didn't last 30 minutes into Sandy Wexler.

I find most Sandler movies to be at least watchable but can't stand it when he puts on the genius voice for an entire movie.

PJ

First Grade
Whilst I am not going to defend it as a good movie the Ghostbusters remake was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

In fact it wasn't too bad until the last act, which was pretty crap.

Maybe I just had low expectations.

hrundi99

First Grade
Saw the new Ghost in the Shell last night.

The original is one of my favourite anime and yes there were some changes but I really enjoyed it.

It didn't knock my socks off but it was good. ScarJo was pretty good in it and looked great of course.

There were some nice shots that were taken straight from the anime.

I am on the side of those thinking the whitewashing notion was exaggerated. There is obviously an underlying need to get a more diverse array of talent in front of and behind the camera.

This film, like Blade Runner before it, represents a futuristic society that is very diverse, with obviously a high proportion of people/androids of Asian "descent".

OVP

Coach
Kong: Skull Island.

Meh. Was ok. Totally unbelievable though. As in "what a load of bollocks" unbelievable.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Marebito (2004).

A Japanese horror/vampire film without the fangs.

A bit convoluted and jumps around somewhat but not too bad.

6/10

mackdadday

Juniors
The Lost City of Z. Ok but rather pointless and dull film. Edward from Twilight was good in it but otherwise not a recommended film. 5/10.

High Fidelity. Old John Cusack and Jack Black dilemmas of pain and dating kind of sad comedy drama. Found it quite good. Kind of film a guy can enjoy but also keeps the girlfriend happy at the same time 8/10

OVP

Coach
Rogue One. Highly enjoyable, much better than episode 7. Loved the fact Vader was in it. Kylo Ren is a pussy and is no Vader. The cgi used to resurrect Peter Cushing was amazing.

natheel

Coach
Eye in the sky. Good film about the morale and political implications of war. Allan Rickman was awesome in it

PJ

First Grade
Girl with all the gifts.

Slight change up on the zombie film. Not too bad but not as good as Train to Busan.

shiznit

Coach
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - Not quite as good as the first... still an absolute blast though. Funny as hell...

If you liked the original then you will enjoy this.

I wanna say more but as it's very early I'll give people some time before going in to it incase I spoil some of the plot.

Latest posts