What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Coyne

getsmarty

Immortal
Re Mark Coyne
Simple facts are prior to his arrival for the 2016 end of season review we were travelling shit house and looked like going even worse.
This year we are leading the comp.
If it is by anyway shape or means as a result of his input, then he and his team has done a most excellent job and are deserving of high praise as we are at this moment in time a very different and vastly improved playing group.
I am sure that Mary didn't get to this point of his own accord so who other than Coyne could have wielded such influence and achieved such monumental change certainly not Doust and Millward.

Mary probably stole J.D's match plan book.

possm

Coach
Just suppose it went like this:
Coyne reviewed the team and coaching staff.
Members of the player leadership team were not thrilled with game plans or playing style.
Coyne organises a series of meetings between coaching staff and player leadership with agenda items - mostly brought to Coyne by the leadership group.
A new style and plan was introduced during the off season and everyone liked it and finally bought into the plan.

Mary was not able to organise this, he had lost the dressing room.
Mary was also relieved of any recruitment/retention/pathways duties.

Millward put in charge of recruitment/retention/pathways.

Coach is happy, everything is much easier now and we are on top of the table.

Millward likes his new job however, things are not going to plan and so it is turning into a mess.

possm

Coach
OT
Matt Head is to busy being water boy for nrl team.
Every game I have been to he is doing the water in the nrl
He would be directed to do so by the Club. Doesn't this make JD's performance with the Cutters last year look brilliant. What a shame he was allowed leave - oh he is not an old boy.

possm

Coach
Hence lies a problem. How do you retain and attract quality to your club when no one knows who will be the mentor
Exactly! I would have been better to sign our stars + Hunt and a new coach. Would have more than an even chance to make the GF.

possm

Coach
So you expect Dugan, Widdop and Packer to sign contracts when they don't know who will be coaching them
Millward has signed most of our juniors, forwards and Aitken this way so far so good. Both Dugan and Widdop would have rejected our offer outright and sign with another club by now if that were the case.

possm

Coach
Early days...let's see how we go at seasons end. 5 years of shit followed by 6 good games doesn't warrant a new contract.
The Club should ask Coyne to go in again and sort out this mess. Relations between Mary and Millward are tense and the extensions of our two marquee players are at risk.

possm

Coach
Early days...let's see how we go at seasons end. 5 years of shit followed by 6 good games doesn't warrant a new contract.
We are travelling well now and I think our team will do well for the rest of the season. The Dragon's style of play suits the players and everyone - including the coach - is on board.

However, we have a problem in the back office that, if not resolved soon, may undo all the good work Coyne has done. For this reason I am convinced Coyne needs to go back in and adjust his settings.

possm

Coach
Who was our previous recruitment officer who went to Canberra?
Why did he leave and go to Canberra?
Are the Raiders having trouble retaining their big forwards and star backs?
Why isn't Canberra in the headlines fighting to keep their stars?

possm

Coach
Ben Hunt did and it was a very big one.
That's a good point. I feel there will be an announcement regarding the coach after SOO. I'm quietly confident it will not be Mary. Could very well be JD or Walters. Rooky again!

HenryTatana

Juniors
Why? If Mary receives a contract extension before the GF, will he perform better as a coach?

On a different note, I wish Coyne / Johnston / Doust would do something about TPA. Gasnier had one and I'm sure Hunt would have one. So what is the problem?
Sizzler closed

possm

Coach
OT
Matt Head is to busy being water boy for nrl team.
Every game I have been to he is doing the water in the nrl
Under the current system, is Mary controlling the coach and selections of the Illawarra side. Mathew head did so well with the NYC team last season and the Cutters won the competition. This season Head seems to be all at sea with poor selections and poor bench management.

Latest posts