What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

wibble

Bench
Imagine losing 3 of your marquee players in 6 weeks

Lol

Only loss is Tedesco, and he was due too much coin for a team that needs half a dozen new players. Tigers should now buy 6 or so solid first graders who are proven professionals (like Luke Lewis, but keep your hands off!).

I think a club that isn't the Sharks might buy back Barba from France as well, for near a million per year. Tigers could do worse than get Barba.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah I'm not concerned about the two self entitled wanktards Moses and woods .

Tedesco will hit home hard but. Doesn't exactly feel good losing a player of his calibur

Atleast now we can finally move forward in this Cleary era

macavity

Referee
Only loss is Tedesco, and he was due too much coin for a team that needs half a dozen new players. Tigers should now buy 6 or so solid first graders who are proven professionals (like Luke Lewis, but keep your hands off!).

I think a club that isn't the Sharks might buy back Barba from France as well, for near a million per year. Tigers could do worse than get Barba.

Name me 6 quality first graders who are available, realistic signings, and will transform your team into one that will finish 10th or higher?

Billythekid

First Grade
The roosters are going to be bloody hard to beat adding Tedesco to their roster. Not sure how much that will improve the dogs but Foran should be a huge upgrade for them.

I'm not a tigers fan but I've got a big soft spot for them and this is gutting news really. Hopefully they make some good signings and the club finally moves onto a new era.

macavity

Referee
Widdop/Cronk/Johnson/Reynolds
Hayne/Dugan
Gagai/Kahu
Matulino
Gordon
Lewis

"realistic"

None of the top 4 are signing with a bottom club.
Hayne/Dugan if you over-pay them
The Knights already have Gagai and he isn't exactly winning games for us
Matulino yes
Gordon has one season left
Lewis will re-sign or retire

try again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Name me 6 quality first graders who are available, realistic signings, and will transform your team into one that will finish 10th or higher?

I don't know, but ivan has done this twice before with arguably worse rosters and less cash to spend. For the first time in 7 years I have faith in my teams coach.

From the top 31 this year the tigers have 10 under contract next year. Then McQueen and apparently Matulino and Taane Milne will be announced soon. That's a huge amount of cash to entice some (hopefully) good first graders.

macavity

Referee
I don't know, but ivan has done this twice before with arguably worse rosters and less cash to spend. For the first time in 7 years I have faith in my teams coach.

From the top 31 this year the tigers have 10 under contract next year. Then McQueen and apparently Matulino and Taane Milne will be announced soon. That's a huge amount of cash to entice some (hopefully) good first graders.

My point is that pretty much all the "difference makers" are pretty much spoken for - they will either re-sign or go to another contending club. NRL players are like NBA players these days - the money isn't the factor as it is similar everywhere (whether off or on the cap) - so they go where they think they can win.

Again, what happened before is not a predictor of what will happen now in a different market. TPAs are all that matters now.

At least you guys are in Sydney - and basically the only realistic landing spot left for Cronk, unless the Dogs just give up all pretences about their rorting.

I really hope our clubs don't bail out the Dogs of the salary cap crunch they are getting themselves in to. They can put a lot of their new signings $ "off the cap" but they still have to deal with what they have committed themselves to in the past. Let them suffer.

Latest posts