What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should NZ play at home on aNZac Day?

Vee

First Grade
I realise it's one of the Storm's biggest games each year an they do it really well, but isn't it a little Aussie-centric?

NZ members, is the day as big over there as it is here? How would the NZ public feel about hosting, maybe every second year? Or do they already do this?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No. Even as a Warriors supporter I'm happy for it to stay in Melbourne, it's become a tradition and the Storm's biggest regular season game of the year.
But we should always be their opponents for it.
Plus ANZAC day in NZ isn't really celebrated in the same way as here, it's mainly just dawn services then people largely go about the day as normal in the afternoon.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No I don't think they should just yet. But in 20 yrs time when a second nz team gets the nod.....

Still wouldn't change the Warriors - Storm clash, but I'd introduce another fixed annual Anzac Day fixture in NZ for the new team against a Sydney side.