What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Pete Cash

Post Whore
This looks like the tip of the iceberg in terms of rumors and signings. If the Roosters & Dogs have landed these players then let the clearance sale commence. f**k me some plodders are going to be able to cash in as a result.

I am sort of happy the raiders roster is mostly settled right now because i have the feeling a club or two is going to end up with a plodder on overs that really hurts them in the medium term.

It means we cant cash in on the insane firesale but it also means we wont end up with a skd on stupid money

morley101

Juniors
I am sort of happy the raiders roster is mostly settled right now because i have the feeling a club or two is going to end up with a plodder on overs that really hurts them in the medium term.

It means we cant cash in on the insane firesale but it also means we wont end up with a skd on stupid money
like Woods

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
That, or loyalty.
Which I kind of think is dead anyway but if they did also get Teddy I'm sure it would have been a fire sale at Belmore.
Reynolds, licha, hopppa, throw an injury plagued Morris twin in and kasiano and you'd got the three in.

Yeah, but all those players have to be replaced in the squad.

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
Like he would risk damaging his close relationship with Tedesco. Dickhead losers like you won't be convinced regardless because you lack the sufficient intelligence to sort out the truth from fiction.

I think it would be risking the relationship, just mentioning it in the first place.

Edwahu

Bench
Bur what would they take collective action on? The regulation changes don"t restrict their earning capacity nor do they force them to go to a club against their will. The regulation merely restricts clubs and companies ability to rort the cap process.

All it takes is one company to independently make an offer that requires a player to play for a specific club and the NRL to say No and it's restricting that players earnings. The NRL can't restrict what third parties do and players wont agree to give up the gravy train out of certain clubs unless they are compensated.

Maybe someone in the know can tell us but I believe in the AFL they have a more generous cap on sponsors been able to pay players and they seem to have much greater ability to control TPAs as a result. I think this is the best approach and most likely to get agreement from the players in the CBA.

yobbo84

First Grade
It sucks to lose players you developed, but having them all off contract at the same time was madness and the only reason the club is in this situation. That, and the players' over-inflated egos.

Pedge1971

First Grade
All it takes is one company to independently make an offer that requires a player to play for a specific club and the NRL to say No and it's restricting that players earnings. The NRL can't restrict what third parties do and players wont agree to give up the gravy train out of certain clubs unless they are compensated.

Maybe someone in the know can tell us but I believe in the AFL they have a more generous cap on sponsors been able to pay players and they seem to have much greater ability to control TPAs as a result. I think this is the best approach and most likely to get agreement from the players in the CBA.

Not sure I agree. It just needs some good regulation. In that case the NRL stipulates it is not 3rd party as the company has gone around the process and breached and enforces the entire amount to go on the cap and fines the club a shit load for the breach.

The players earnings are not restricted but you can bet the clubs will think twice about circumventing the process.

Look, this would still be open to rorting but it will be more transparent if detected and there is no way players can moan their earnings are being restricted because the corporate dollars are still there and available to them but the process for engaging and accessing third party sponsorships is now independent of earnings from clubs. With a bit of thought and intent it would work.

Do I think it will happen? No. Why? Because it is clear the Roosters, Dogs and Broncos (via News) have too much infuence on the decisons taken by the independent commission in running the game.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If you say so. How they restrict it and whether the players agree to it is what matters.

I think we know the players from which clubs would kick up the shit storm if the NRL grew a pair.......

All hypothetical as we know 1 million percent Greenberg will never change the system. Why would he? He was one of the ringleaders!!

Spanner in the works

First Grade
What about Hayne? If he shows a bit of form, any sane club with even five cents of salary cap space should be in for him. Another one is Milford. The Jack Bird contract must've put an enormous amount of pressure on the Broncos with their roster, and Milford is still negotiating as far as I'm aware. Even Boyd would be well within his rights to say if Bird is getting equal or more than him, then he should be getting more. Lots of football left to be played this season and I think there's plenty still to come in the market. Struggling clubs need not panic just yet...

Clifferd

Coach
Dragons fans who would you rather lose out of Dugan and Widdop?

Imo Widdop would be the bigger loss, the dugong is too injury prone

But we'll take him as a replacement for Teddy

davi

Juniors
What about Hayne? If he shows a bit of form, any sane club with even five cents of salary cap space should be in for him. Another one is Milford. The Jack Bird contract must've put an enormous amount of pressure on the Broncos with their roster, and Milford is still negotiating as far as I'm aware. Even Boyd would be well within his rights to say if Bird is getting equal or more than him, then he should be getting more. Lots of football left to be played this season and I think there's plenty still to come in the market. Struggling clubs need not panic just yet...

Jarryd Hayne probably will stay at the Titans for another year. But it's not of loyalty to his club if he does, his form is not great the moment, he's been injured, reputation of being a lazy trainer, and he is not earning his massive salary.

Eels are no longer interested in Hayne and the Roosters have signed Tedesco. The options for him are dwindling and the fact he is holding out till May to make a decision and reached out to the Roosters in off-season illustrates he doesn't want to be there but will be forced to stay on because nobody will be interested in his asking price.

Milford has already stated the Broncos are the only option for him. Nobody is credibility suggesting he will leave, it's not on the radar.

davi

Juniors
Cooper Cronk has stated he will make a decision if he will play on next year after origin game 3. It sounds to me that he is going to hang the boots up because there may not be many suitors with his asking price left after origin 3.

Cooper Cronk has stated he will make a decision if he will play on next year after origin game 3. It sounds to me that he is going to hang the boots up because there may not be many suitors with his asking price left after origin 3.

Smart man. Gets media speculating his next move.

He gets left alone to play his laxt season.

Latest posts