What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rein asking for a release to join Parra

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that Rein needed to go to Opsm as he regularly missed his man with a pass. Benji a five-eighth played half like a winger scooting around sidewise and in circles. Last year the Dragons beat all the other clubs in backwards movements largely due to the ability of these two sliders.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Some of the cap conspiracy theories are getting out of hand regarding caps lol.

Anyway Rein has been playing very well in NSW cup. Probably deserves a starting spot at many clubs, Panthers have Wallace in his way though.

Given Penrith's ordinary start to the season in addition to Cleary suffering a distinct lack of form, it will be interesting to see if Wallace plays halfback sooner rather than later.

If so, they could really use Rein.

Watching a replay of the 2012 Anzac Day match tonight, it's pretty obvious Rein has plenty of talent; it's coaching (or lack of it) that has led to his downfall. Time is on his side though.

RedVDragon

Juniors
He will make Norman and Moses a worse player. Who cares.

Rein really rates himself. He must look in the mirror and think he is great. He is deluded and an egomaniac.

Learn how to pass first idiot and go away.

Minh

First Grade
A good tough competitor that runs well, tackles well but sadly lack the fundamental skills of passing and kicking....obviously made the wrong call to try and get more from the Dragons and now might be soon a forgotten man in first grade perhaps....

Pro Dragons

Juniors
If Rein could put his faith in an experienced dummy half coach who could change his passing from the play the ball ruck he would become a first grader in many teams. His defence is excellent, he is rarely out with injury and can play 80 minutes. Anyway wish him good luck at Parra and I hope for his sake they can improve his passing game.

BennyV

Referee
Given Penrith's ordinary start to the season in addition to Cleary suffering a distinct lack of form, it will be interesting to see if Wallace plays halfback sooner rather than later.

If so, they could really use Rein.

Watching a replay of the 2012 Anzac Day match tonight, it's pretty obvious Rein has plenty of talent; it's coaching (or lack of it) that has led to his downfall. Time is on his side though.
McInnes is so many classes above him!

Life's Good

Coach
Old Mitch. He showed plenty when he first appeared in 2011. I remember thinking with him & JDB we were in good hands. No doubt Bennett played a big part in Rein having a good 2011. He then started to derp it up deluxe. You could never question his effort but, wow, he lacked some game smarts. I was hoping he would get a look in at Penrith to see if he could recapture that 2011 form but it looks like it has turned to sh*t. He should get a new manager and look for a start at Tigers or Newy where the coaches might help him find that initial form.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Old Mitch. He showed plenty when he first appeared in 2011. I remember thinking with him & JDB we were in good hands. No doubt Bennett played a big part in Rein having a good 2011. He then started to derp it up deluxe. You could never question his effort but, wow, he lacked some game smarts. I was hoping he would get a look in at Penrith to see if he could recapture that 2011 form but it looks like it has turned to sh*t. He should get a new manager and look for a start at Tigers or Newy where the coaches might help him find that initial form.

Yes, Brown's tutelage would've helped Rein immensely. Sure, he would've gone to a struggling club but he wouldn't have to be forever there either.

Bennett saw what is the nucleus of a good player. Again this is what separates an adept mentor from ill equipped ones.

to_ddeath

Coach
Yes, Brown's tutelage would've helped Rein immensely. Sure, he would've gone to a struggling club but he wouldn't have to be forever there either.

Bennett saw what is the nucleus of a good player. Again this is what separates an adept mentor from ill equipped ones.

We didn't have any other available backup DH in our system at the time because of Kings long-term injury after the WCC. Rein was part of the local junior system...Bennett had little choice but to move him up.

BennyV

Referee
Is that a statement or a rhetorical question?
Statement. I wouldnt ask because I wouldnt put you in the position of even trying to come up with something!

Disagree RE: Bennett and his view of Rein, there's nothing to suggest he saw 'the nucleus of a good player'. His preference was always Cam King (hence taking him over to the World Club Challenge) and when King got injured, Rein was next in line. He was used sparingly in 2011 and it was Price/Craig Young who signed and hyped him up as a future SOO player and club captain.

Dont get me wrong, when Mitch broke into first grade he was an exciting player. His speed and ability to catch opposition off guard for a sneaky try were awesome. However, once the opposition caught onto this (as they invariably do) he didnt have many other strings to his bow, and his decision making and passing seemed to deteriorate (or rather, deficiencies became more obvious) over time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We didn't have any other available backup DH in our system at the time because of Kings long-term injury after the WCC. Rein was part of the local junior system...Bennett had little choice but to move him up.

If we're talking 2011 (Bennett's last year and Rein's debut), Saints had Fein and Young.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Statement. I wouldnt ask because I wouldnt put you in the position of even trying to come up with something!

Disagree RE: Bennett and his view of Rein, there's nothing to suggest he saw 'the nucleus of a good player'. His preference was always Cam King (hence taking him over to the World Club Challenge) and when King got injured, Rein was next in line. He was used sparingly in 2011 and it was Price/Craig Young who signed and hyped him up as a future SOO player and club captain.

Dont get me wrong, when Mitch broke into first grade he was an exciting player. His speed and ability to catch opposition off guard for a sneaky try were awesome. However, once the opposition caught onto this (as they invariably do) he didnt have many other strings to his bow, and his decision making and passing seemed to deteriorate (or rather, deficiencies became more obvious) over time.

Considering your reticence for any sort of counter argument, I'll only agree with your observation that Rein's form has noticeably depreciated since Bennett's departure.

I'm sure an erudite fellow such as yourself can appreciate the paradox between "nucleus" and "exciting".

blacksafake

First Grade
He's probably better off doing a Dean Young & play in the backrow & fill in at dummy half when needed.
To be honest i don't much care.

Latest posts