What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

SBD82

Coach
Dragons fans who would you rather lose out of Dugan and Widdop?

Imo Widdop would be the bigger loss, the dugong is too injury prone

But we'll take him as a replacement for Teddy
I'd rather lose Dugan, but only because he is more replaceable.

Field could come through as a fullback, not sure about him defending in the front line yet. There's also a young fullback named Marsters coming through who should be worth keeping an eye on.

Hopefully we keep both though. And your club keeps it's dirty paws off packer.

Well its looking more and more like Woods and Tedesco won't be at the Tigers next year. The following statement is from the Wests Tigers website -

Wests Tigers Statement
Fri 21st April, 05:45PM

When Wests Tigers met with Aaron Woods and James Tedesco’s Manager on Tuesday a deadline of 5pm Friday was set to secure certainty for the club.

That deadline has now passed and Wests Tigers is yet to receive any official confirmation from the pair’s manager.

As a result Wests Tigers has removed the current long-term contract offers that were with their Management.

Wests Tigers are proud of everything Aaron and James have achieved and will continue to achieve throughout the season at this club.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
"Wests Tigers are proud of everything Aaron and James have achieved and will continue to achieve throughout the season at this club"

ie bugger all

Iafeta

Referee
Wait, isn't one of those guys the one who signed a big deal with Canberra and then said oh no bro, I could never leave my OGs please let me stay Bae.

davi

Juniors
Lose Tedesco

Pay 4 mil for Dugan

Sounds fair

It says in this article the Tigers are not pursuing Josh Dugan, but a keeping close eye on Moses Mbye. I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think Mbye could be a good running five-eight in the mold of Blake Austin and Michael Morgan. But he is not a half-back and to be effective he needs to play further away from the ruck. Mbye and Josh Reynolds is a terrible combination, their games are both too similar. I think Mbye with a different pairing to a more play-maker type player could possibly get some better production out of him.

"Wests Tigers’ decision to withdraw contract offers to Aaron Woods and James Tedesco appears to have come too late to give the club a shot at a trio of influential playmakers who could have eased the disappointment of their supporters, headed by St George Illawarra captain Gareth Widdop.

The Tigers late yesterday confirmed Woods and Tedesco had failed to meet a deadline to accept long-term deals with the club, a decision that was widely expected given talk surrounding the future of the duo.

The Tigers now head to the market armed with a war chest in the millions, but a shrinking list of influential players on which to spend the money.

As revealed in The Australian yesterday, Widdop is expected to sign an extension with St George Illawarra after the club upgraded and extended its contract offer to the skipper.

New Zealand Warriors halfback Shaun Johnson yesterday confirmed he was on the verge of agreeing a deal to stay at the club while Cronulla confirmed Chad Townsend had signed a new three-year deal — removing two other alternatives for the Tigers.

The Tigers still have options to explore and it would be no surprise if they looked to take advantage of Canterbury’s salary cap squeeze by making a play for half Moses Mbye.

It is understood Parramatta are among the clubs keeping a close eye on the situation unfolding with Mbye, who has three years remaining on a lucrative contract but has been identified as a player likely to make way for Canterbury’s recruitment of Kieran Foran.

The Tigers could also benefit from the Roosters’ pursuit of Tedesco, with Blake Ferguson and Daniel Tupou among those potentially squeezed out.

Widdop’s retention at the Dragons could also spell danger for Josh Dugan, although it is understood he is not a player being pursued by the Tigers.

Nor is Gold Coast fullback Jarryd Hayne, who has an option in his favour which he is expected to take up with the Titans in coming weeks.

While Widdop is expected to re-sign with the Dragons, Johnson confirmed he was on target to stay with the Warriors.

“I have obviously been in talks with the club for a while now and we’re getting close,” he said.

“It is hopefully going to be sorted soon. I think walking away — a lot of people have said it is probably what I should do to take my game to a new level at a different club — but it doesn’t make sense to myself.

“I wouldn’t be satisfied with that, I don’t think. Hopefully we can agree on some good terms to stay here and I can achieve what not only myself but this club and organisation wants to achieve.”

Johnson virtually conceded Foran would leave at the end of the season, although Warriors chief executive Jim Doyle insisted the club still held out hope of convincing him to stay."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/1341a2bf80218e16ea9b12b05be3eb10

davi

Juniors
So if it is true that the Dogs almost had Foran, Tedesco and Woods all signed then the salary cap is surely dead.

If the Bulldogs get Foran and Woods, the NRL will not register the contracts until they show how they are going to be under the cap. Also for Bulldogs fans saying James Graham won't be moved on haven't acknowledged he has a heavily back-ended deal where he is due to be paid almost 1 million next year. Something's gotta give......

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ing-bulldogs-action-plan-20170421-gvpl82.html

Nice Beaver

First Grade
If the Bulldogs get Foran and Woods, the NRL will not register the contracts until they show how they are going to be under the cap. Also for Bulldogs fans saying James Graham won't be moved on haven't acknowledged he has a heavily back-ended deal where he is due to be paid almost 1 million next year. Something's gotta give......

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ing-bulldogs-action-plan-20170421-gvpl82.html

Despite his age, Graham will be a very popular player with clubs if he goes on the market.

That type of mongrel is invaluable for a teams culture.

Latest posts